Today we put a spin on your traditional FRENCH TOAST recipe with the help of some Greek yogurt and protein powder! This one only takes a few minutes to prep and will leave your taste buds more than satisfied…
First start out with a bowl big enough to fit your bread into it and then add into it 2 large whole eggs, 1/4 cup of milk or milk substitute, 1 container of your choice flavor Greek yogurt, 2 scoops of this California Gold Nutrition Sport unflavored whey protein isolate, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or a couple tablespoons of some cocoa powder for a more chocolate flavor, and a little salt.
Mix those together until most of your clumps are gone, take out a stove top pan, turn your burner on medium heat, coat it with some non-stick cooking spray, and let that heat up. While it’s heating up take out your favorite bread (today I’m using some cinnamon raisin bread), and lay that into your mix. After around a minute flip it over and lay that side in your mix for a minute. Remove it from your mix, throw it on your pan, cook each side for a minute or two, and repeat until all of your mix is gone!
Now that that’s done…we need a topping and what better topping than some more protein like one of these California Gold Nutrition Sport almond butter coconut chocolate chip protein bars?
Two quick tips:
- The flavor Greek yogurt you use will be the primary flavor of the French toast.
- If you’ve never had this cold before…you’re missing out!!!
- New customers can get a discount off their order at https://www.iherb.com/?rcode=AQH4313 and also use Promo Code, WELCOME5 to get an additional $5 off their order of $40 or more!
- California Gold Nutrition, Whey Protein Isolate: https://www.iherb.com/pr/California-Gold-Nutrition-Whey-Protein-Isolate-Instantized-Ultra-Low-Lactose-Unflavored-1-lb-16-oz-454-g/71031?rcode=AQH4313
- California Gold Nutrition, Protein Bar, Almond Butter Coconut Chocolate Chip: https://www.iherb.com/pr/California-Gold-Nutrition-Protein-Bar-Almond-Butter-Coconut-Chocolate-Chip-12-Bars-2-1-oz-60-g-Each/77976?rcode=AQH4313
Here is the recipe:
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- 1/4 Cup (2 Ounces) Milk or Milk Substitute
- 1 Container (150g) Your Choice Flavor Greek Yogurt
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Scoops (30g) California Gold Nutrition Sport Unflavored Whey Protein
- A little Salt
- California Gold Nutrition Sport Protein Bar (For Topping)
- Your Choice Bread
- Make sure your flavors compliment each other!
- Top it with some sugar free syrup!
How to make:
- Mix all of your ingredients together in a bowl
- Dunk your bread into your mix for around a minute a side
- Turn a burner on medium heat and coat a pan with some non-stick cooking spray
- Once it heats up cook each side of your bread for around 1-2 minutes and repeat until your mix is gone
- Top with your Protein Bar
Calories in just your mix (add your bread separately):
- Calories: 353
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 268mg
- Carbs: 15g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 53g