Put a healthy spin on a traditional recipe! This Protein Greek Yogurt French Toast only takes a few minutes to prep, will leave your taste buds more than satisfied, and comes packed with protein!
Start this protein French toast with a bowl big enough to fit your bread into.
Add in 2 large whole eggs, 1/4 cup of milk or milk substitute, 1 container of your choice flavor Greek yogurt, 1 scoop of protein powder, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or a couple tablespoons of some cocoa powder for a more chocolate flavor, and a little salt.
Mix those together until most of your clumps are gone. Don’t stress out if there’s a few clumps!
Take out a stovetop pan, turn a burner on medium heat, and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray.
While your pan is heating up take out your favorite protein French toast bread. I’m using some cinnamon raisin bread today!
Lay your bread into your mix for around a minute. Flip it over and lay that side in your mix for a minute.
Remove it from your Greek yogurt French toast mix, throw it on your pan, and cook each side for a minute or two.
Repeat until all of your mix is gone!
You’re done and now we need a topping for our Greek Yogurt French Toast! How about some sugar free syrup and a crushed up protein bar?
Tired of French toast? Try some Flourless Protein Pancakes tomorrow!
Protein Greek Yogurt French Toast
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- ¼ Cup Milk Substitute - or Milk / 2 Ounces
- 1 Container Greek Yogurt - Your Choice Flavor / 150g
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - 30g Your Choice Flavor
- Salt - A little
- 1 Protein Bar - For Topping
- Bread - Your Choice
- Mix all of your ingredients together in a bowl
- Dunk your bread into your mix for around a minute a side
- Turn a burner on medium heat and coat a pan with some non-stick cooking spray
- Once it heats up cook each side of your bread for around 1-2 minutes and repeat until your mix is gone
- Top with your Protein Bar
- Calories: 353
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 268mg
- Carbs: 15g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 53g