Do you want pizza but your diet can’t afford the carbs? Try this Baked Low Carb Chicken Pizza recipe! Packed with protein, your favorite toppings, and tastes even better than it looks! Did I mention it’s quick to meal prep too!?
Start this one by taking out 2 pounds of chicken breast, trimming the fat off of them, and cutting each piece in half. The goal is to cut your chicken breast into chicken cutlets (thin).
Keep in mind that the thinner your chicken is, the quicker your baked low carb chicken pizza will cook!
Continue by taking out a large pan like this one that’ll fit all of your chicken, turn a burner on medium heat, and coat your pan with some non-sticking cooking spray. Let your pan heat up.
Add your chicken into your pan and let it cook on that side for 5 minutes. This is the part where you can optionally season your chicken however you want.
After 5 minutes, top the uncooked side of your chicken with some non-stick cooking spray. Flip your chicken over and continue cooking for an additional 5 minutes.
Pull your chicken off the heat and place it onto a lined (easy clean up!) baking sheet or dish. Make sure your sheet or dish is big enough to fit all of your baked low carb chicken pizza.
Chicken Pizza Toppings
Over the top of your chicken you’ll want to evenly distribute the rest of your ingredients starting with 1 1/2 teaspoons of Italian seasoning, 3/4 cup of a pizza sauce, 1/4 cup of sliced mushrooms, 1/4 cup of chopped green pepper, 1/8 cup of chopped red onion, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
Don’t like the vegetables I’m using here? Swap them out for your favorites or none at all! Let me know what you end up trying on your baked low carb chicken pizza the comments below.
Put your chicken into the oven and bake it on 400F/204C for around 15-20 minutes.
Low Carb Pizza Tips
- Change up the type of cheese if you’re not a fan of mozzarella.
- Use full fat, reduced fat, or fat free cheese as needed.
- Lower your carbs and keep your pizza keto friendly by using a low sugar pizza sauce.
- Use toppings that’ll fit your macros that day!
- Make it taco pizza by using a Mexican blend cheese, salsa instead of pizza sauce, and some taco seasoning mix!
The easiest way to check if your chicken is done is by using a food thermometer. Once the internal temperature reaches at least 160F/165F you can pull it from the oven.
Remove your baked low carb chicken pizza from the oven, portion it out, and devour!
Next up? High protein dessert! Try The Best Keto Cookies recipe EVER!
Baked Low Carb Chicken Pizza
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Pounds Chicken Breast
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- ¾ Cup Pizza Sauce
- ¼ Cup Mushrooms - Sliced
- ¼ Cup Green Pepper - Chopped
- ⅛ Cup Red Onion - Chopped
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese - Reduced Fat (or Any Other Cheese)
- Take out your Chicken Breast, trim the fat off of them, and cut them in half or pound them down until they are all the same size and thin
- Take out a stovetop pan and turn your burner on Medium Heat
- Coat your pan some non-stick cooking spray, add your Chicken Breast in, and cook that side for 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes coat the top of your Chicken Breast with some non-stick cooking spray, flip them over, and cook for another 5 minutes
- Remove your chicken from the heat, take out a baking sheet, and put your chicken onto it
- Evenly distribute the rest of your ingredients (or whatever ingredients you want to use) on top of your chicken
- Bake on 400F/204C for 15-20 minutes
- Calories: 1421
- Fat: 45g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 1331mg
- Carbs: 25g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 12g
- Protein: 229g
- Calories: 236
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3g
- Sodium: 221.8mg
- Carbs: 4.1g
- Fiber: .8g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 38g
Leave a Comment