In the mood for protein pancakes but don’t have or can’t use flour? Today we fix that! These super easy and macro friendly Flourless Protein Pancakes are made using one of my favorite cheap ingredients, chickpeas!
The next best part? This whole recipe only takes around 10 minutes to make.
Start by taking out a food processor or really powerful blender. You could also hand mix this as well, it’ll just take a bit longer.
All you need to do now is add all of our ingredients into whatever you’re using starting with 2 large whole eggs, 1/2 cup of milk or milk substitute, 1 can of drained & rinsed chickpeas, 1/4 cup of peanut butter or other nut butter, 2 scoops of a vanilla protein powder, a little salt, and 2 teaspoons of baking soda.
Did you know? Chickpeas have a pretty neutral flavor (rinse them good) so as long as you add other flavors, you more than likely won’t ever taste them!
Process or blend everything together until smooth.
You can now lightly mix in other things to your batter like chocolate chips, fruit, and so on. Think outside the box and make the best flourless protein pancakes you can!
Take out a stovetop pan, turn burner on medium heat, and coat your pan with some non-stick cooking spray. After it heats up, pour some of your mix into your pan.
Cook each side for around 1-2 minutes. Repeat until all of your mix is gone.
Make your flourless protein pancakes however big or small you want to!
I usually make 2 servings of flourless protein pancakes since we’re using a whole can of chickpeas. You could cut the recipe in half but who wants 1/2 a can of chickpeas sitting around?
How about our fluffy Cottage Cheese Protein Pancakes next?
Flourless Protein Pancakes
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- ½ Cup Milk Substitute - or Milk (4 Ounces)
- 1 Can Chickpeas - Low Sodium Drained & Rinsed 439g
- ¼ Cup Peanut Butter - or Other Nut Butter 64g
- 2 Scoops Protein Powder - 60g Vanilla
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- Mix everything together until smooth using either a food processor or really powerful blender
- Take out a stovetop pan, turn your burner on medium heat, and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray
- Pour your mix in and cook each side for around 1-2 minutes
- Repeat until all of your mix is gone
- Make sure to rinse your chickpeas well!
- Use any variation/flavor of protein powder you want!
- Calories: 1256
- Fat: 56g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 1240mg
- Carbs: 92g (Net Carbs: 67g)
- Fiber: 25g
- Sugar: 12g
- Protein: 96g
- Calories: 628
- Fat: 28g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 620mg
- Carbs: 46g (Net Carbs: 33.5g)
- Fiber: 12.5g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 48g