Take your cake game to the next level with these Easy Protein M&M Cake Jars! This high protein dessert recipe is not just easy to make but absolutely delicious, travel friendly, and packed with diet friendly macros!
Start this one out with a couple half pint mason jars (or bigger if you double the recipe) and a large mixing bowl to mix all of your ingredients in.
Don’t forget to buy the mason jars with lids and these become instantly travel friendly!
Add into your large bowl 1 large whole egg, 1 large egg white, 6 tablespoons of coconut flour, 1/2 of a banana, 1/8 cup of almond flour, 1 scoop of a vanilla protein powder, 1/2 cup of unsweetened milk substitute, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
Mix everything together until smooth. Using a hand mixer will make this step QUICK! This is the hand mixer I use.
Switch up the flavor of your protein M&M cake jars by using different protein powder flavors. Want a chocolate M&M cake jar? Use a chocolate protein and 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder.
Continue by lightly mixing in 1 tablespoon of mini baking M&M’s.
Coat your half pint mason jars with some non-stick cooking spray and evenly distribute your mix into them. Make sure not to fill your jars more than halfway full as they’ll rise during baking.
Top your protein M&M cake jars with a few more mini baking M&M’s or whatever else you want and put them in the oven on 350F/176C for around 25-30 minutes.
Top these M&M protein cake jars with our High Protein Frosting recipe!
Easy Protein M&M Cake Jars
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 1 Large Egg White
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - Vanilla or Chocolate
- 4 Ounces Milk Substitute - or Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 6 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- ⅛ Cup Almond Flour
- ½ Banana - or ¼ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Baking M&M’s - Mini
- Add all of your ingredients into a bowl aside from your M&M’s
- Mix everything around until it’s smooth
- Lightly mix in your M&M’s
- Take out two half pint size (or bigger) mason jars, coat them with some non-stick cooking spray, and evenly distribute your mix into them
- Top them with a few more M&M’s or whatever else you want
- Put them in your oven on 350F/176C for 25-30 minutes
- Calories: 627
- Fat: 26g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Sodium: 470mg
- Carbs: 55g
- Fiber: 22g
- Sugar: 23g
- Protein: 50g
- Calories: 313
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 235mg
- Carbs: 27.5g
- Fiber: 11g
- Sugar: 11.5g
- Protein: 25g
Derek, can we substitute the coconut and almond flours for just regular flour?
Do you have to use coconut and almond flour? Would regular flour or an oat flour work for this?