Since I’m craving a pumpkin cookie like NO OTHER and I can’t seem to find one that will fit my macros, I think it’s time to make one that will! Now before we jump into this…if you’ve never had or are hesitant to have a microwave dessert, this whole recipe takes maybe 5 minutes so there’s no reason to not at least try it once!!! If you like pumpkin, I guarantee you’ll like this gluten free MICROWAVE Pumpkin Cookie recipe!!!
Start with a bowl then add in 2 tablespoons of almond flour, 1 tablespoon of coconut OR oat flour, 1 tablespoon of a sweetener, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/2 scoop of my Baking Protein Powder, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/8 cup of unsweetened apple sauce, 1/8 cup of pure pumpkin (how to make your own pure pumpkin below), 1/2 tablespoon of melted butter, and 1/4 teaspoon of XANTHAN GUM which is used to really bind everything together. Without the xanthan gum your cookie will probably end up crumbling ultimately ruining your whole day so it’s worth the $10 investment…not to mention it’ll last you like a whole year (unless you eat it by the spoonful). Go ahead now and mix everything together, it should end up looking/being pretty sticky. Next, top a plate with some parchment paper, add your mix onto it, and shape your cookie with your hands. You can throw it in the microwave just like this or to up your cookie game throw some chocolate chips, nuts, or anything else you want on top of it! Microwave it for around :70 to :90 seconds depending on how powerful your microwave is.
Question for you guys…what is the best dessert you’ve ever made in the microwave!? Let know in the comments below. This is one of my favorites but as you guys know, I also have a slight addiction to all things pumpkin.
Here is the recipe:
- 2 Tablespoons (14g) Almond Flour
- 1 Tablespoon (7g) Coconut Flour (or Oat Flour)
- 1 Tablespoon Sweetener
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Scoop (15g) The Protein Chef Baking Protein Powder (or Vanilla Protein Powder)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce (30g)
- 1/8 Cup Pure Pumpkin (30g)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Melted Butter
- 1/4 Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- Chocolate Chips *Optional
Calories in the WHOLE recipe:
- Calories: 228
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 65mg
- Carbs: 15g = 10g NET CARBS!
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 15g
How to make:
- Add all of your ingredients together in a bowl aside from your Chocolate Chips
- Mix everything together
- Top a plate with some parchment paper
- Pour your mix onto the parchment paper and shape your cookie
- Top it with some optional Chocolate Chips or anything else you want
- Microwave your cookie for :70-:90 seconds depending on how powerful your microwave is
Homemade pumpkin puree:
- Cut your pumpkin in half
- With a spoon remove (by scraping) all the seeds and pulp from both pieces
- Cut your halves into smaller pieces
- Bake them on 350F/176C for 45 minutes or until tender
- Remove the pumpkin skin from each piece (it should come right off now)
- Process or blend all of the pumpkin “meat” until it’s pureed
- Xanthan gum is WELL WORTH the investment…the ~$10 bag will literally last you a whole year or longer!