If you’re strapped for time and craving pumpkin cookies, you came to the right spot! These Gluten Free Microwave Pumpkin Cookies are low sugar, protein packed, take 5 minutes or less, and actually taste like cookies! You’ll never hesitate to try a microwave dessert again after this one.
All you need for these microwave pumpkin cookies is a bowl to mix everything in.
Add into it 2 tablespoons of almond flour, 1 tablespoon of coconut OR oat flour, 1 tablespoon of a sweetener, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/2 scoop of protein powder, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/8 cup of unsweetened apple sauce, 1/8 cup of pumpkin puree, 1/2 tablespoon of melted butter, and 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum.
How To Make Pumpkin Puree
- Cut a pumpkin in half
- Remove all the seeds and pulp from both pieces with a spoon
- Cut your halves into smaller pieces
- Bake them on 350F/176C for 45 minutes or until tender
- Remove the pumpkin skin from each piece, it should come right off
- Process or blend all of the pumpkin “meat” until it’s pureed
Why Xanthan gum? Xanthan gum will help bind everything in your microwave pumpkin cookie together. If you choose not to use it, your cookie(s) will likely end up being a bit crumbly. If you don’t have xanthan gum, a $10.00 or less investment will last you the entire year!
Go ahead now and mix everything together, it should end up looking/being fairly sticky.
Once everything is mixed, top a plate with some parchment paper and add your mix onto it. Shape your microwave pumpkin cookies with your hands.
Here is where you can top your cookies with some chocolate chips, nuts, or anything else you want.
Microwave your pumpkin cookies for around :70 to :90 seconds depending on how powerful your microwave is.
What is the best dessert you’ve ever made in the microwave? Let know in the comments below! This is definitely one of my favorites but I also have a slight addiction to all things pumpkin.
Now go try our delicious and easy to make Pumpkin Pie Protein Balls recipe!
Gluten Free Microwave Pumpkin Cookies
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Add all of your ingredients together in a bowl aside from your Chocolate Chips
- Mix everything together
- Top a plate with some parchment paper
- Pour your mix onto the parchment paper and shape your cookie
- Top it with some optional Chocolate Chips or anything else you want
- Microwave your cookie for :70-:90 seconds depending on how powerful your microwave is
- Calories: 228
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Sodium: 65mg
- Carbs: 15g = 10g NET CARBS!
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 15g