Today is the day we go back a few years and make one of my favorite recipes, without protein powder! Can you guess what that recipe is? If you said pancakes….you’re wrong! We’re doing a Healthy Cheesecake with Simple Ingredients (you only need 6!).
Start this one by preparing your optional crust. If you don’t want a crust or just want less carbs and fat in the recipe then you can move onto the cheesecake part below.
Easy Cheesecake Crust
To make an easy crust all you need to do is to take out a bowl and add into it 45 grams of graham cracker crumbs and 28 grams of melted butter.
Mix those around until all of your crumbs have met the butter.
Next, take out a pan or dish for your healthy cheesecake recipe. I like using the same 6’’ round pan that I’ve been using for over a decade for all of my past cheesecake recipes, I’ll make sure to put a link to them below.
Before adding in your crust you’ll want to either add in some parchment paper or coat your pan with non-stick cooking spray so that nothing sticks!
Pour your crust mix in and do your best to press it in with your hands so that it’s compacted and level.
Put your crust into the oven on 375F/190C for around 10-12 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown.
With your crust off to the side, take out either a blender or food processor.
Healthy Cheesecake Ingredients
Add right into whatever you’re using 2 large whole eggs, 100 grams of a vanilla Greek yogurt, 226 grams of cottage cheese, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 28 grams of hemp seeds or hemp seed hearts, and 2 tablespoons of a sweetener.
Did you know that hemp seeds/hemp seed hearts are packed with 10 grams of protein per serving?
Blend or process those ingredients until smooth. This should only take a couple seconds, don’t over mix it!
Pour that mix on top of your crust and optionally cut in or top it with whatever you want like some cocoa powder and mini chocolate chips.
Put your cheesecake into the oven on 325F/162C for around 40-45 minutes.
You can easily check if if your cheesecake is done by doing the jiggle test. How do you do this? Easy!
Gently tap or move your pan while it’s in the oven (be careful) and if there’s a slight jiggle in the center without a ripple, it’s time to take it out!
If you don’t take it out in time you risk over baking it which will lead to it being a bit dry and possibly having cracks.
Other things that can lead to cracks in your healthy cheesecake?
- Over mixing it!
- Temperature changes by opening the door to check on it.
- Sticking to the edges (make sure to use non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper).
Is a cracked cheesecake ruined? No, it’s still delicious…just not as Instagram friendly.
Take your healthy cheesecake with simple ingredients out of the oven once it passes the jiggle test and let it cool.
Wrap your cheesecake up and put it into the fridge for a few hours or preferably overnight.
Healthy Cheesecake Tips
- Make sure you put it into the fridge for at least a couple hours to cool or you’re not going to get the right cheesecake texture.
- These freeze great so you can make a couple of them at a time!
- Mix and match your Greek yogurt and any other flavors you add into it.
Some of my favorite combinations?
- Vanilla Greek yogurt topped with cashew butter.
- Lemon Greek yogurt topped with almonds.
- Salted caramel Greek yogurt topped with a lower sugar caramel syrup.
- Strawberry Greek yogurt topped with fresh strawberries.
- Banana cream Greek yogurt topped with protein frosting.
Top this with one of our Protein Frosting recipes!
Healthy Cheesecake with Simple Ingredients
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 45 g Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons Butter - Melted
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- 100 g Greek Yogurt - I used Fat Free
- 1 Cup Cottage Cheese - I used Low Fat
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Hemp Seeds - or Hemp Seed Hearts (Preferred)
- 2 Tablespoons Sweetener - Your Choice
- Melt your Butter
- Mix your Graham Cracker Crumbs and Butter together in a bowl
- Coat your Cheesecake pan or dish with some non-stick cooking spray or line it with parchment paper
- Press your mixed up Crust ingredients into the bottom of your pan or dish until compacted and level
- Bake your Crust on 375F/190C for 10-12 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown
- Add all of your Cheesecake ingredients into either a blender or food processor
- Blend or process them until smooth
- Pour your mix on top of your Crust or into your pan or dish (I used a 6'' round pan) if you aren't using a crust
- Optionally cut into or top your Cheesecake with whatever you want like some cocoa powder and/or mini chocolate chips
- Bake it on 325F/162C for around 40-45 minutes or until it passes the "jiggle" test
- Let your Cheesecake cool, wrap it up, and put it into the fridge for at least a few hours but preferably overnight (maximum cheesecake texture)
- Calories: 509
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 820mg
- Carbs: 18g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 10g
- Protein: 62g
- Calories: 127
- Fat: 5.2g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 205mg
- Carbs: 4.5g
- Fiber: .7g
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Protein: 15.5g
- Calories: 912
- Fat: 48g
- Saturated Fat: 18g
- Sodium: 1402mg
- Carbs: 55g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 18g
- Protein: 65g
- Calories: 228
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Sodium: 350.5mg
- Carbs: 13.7g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sugar: 4.5g
- Protein: 16.2g