HEY! CHICAGO…one of my favorite cities that I always come back 10 pounds heavier from. Now if Chicago went on a diet and started counting calories, you’d probably end up with these. Mini Deep Dish Pizzas that don’t just look amazing but taste it as well!
First we’re gonna make our crust so take out a bowl and add into it 3 large eggs, 5 ounces of cream cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of oregano, 6 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder, and 9 ounces of your choice cheese. You could use a pizza blend like I’m using or a 4 cheese blend, 5 cheese blend, just mozzarella…the list goes on. You can also use fat free or reduced fat to really cut down on the calories. Mix all of those up until smooth.
$20 Kitchen Scale: http://amzn.to/2k8YrPt
Next take out some small baking pans like these 1 pound loaf pans (featured in the video) I got for around a buck at Walmart (5 of them). Anything oven safe will work and you could also use something bigger, just remember it’ll take a bit longer to cook.
Coat your pans with some non-stick cooking spray and evenly distribute your mix into them. Throw them on a baking sheet and then into the oven on 375F/190C for around 20-25 minutes. After that take them out and let them cool. Here’s where you could save them for another day in the fridge but I’m starving right now so lets get to it…add on top your favorite pizza sauce and spread it around, your favorite pizza cheese, and some optional pepperonis. How much of each is up to you or if you want any additional toppings. Last throw them in the oven again on 375F/190C for around 20 minutes or until your cheese has fully melted.
How good do these look though? Seriously! If you use fat free ingredients you’re looking at around 350 calories per pizza with only 15 grams of carbs and 50 grams of protein. That’s hard to beat considering a couple bites of real Chicago deep dish is probably close to 350 calories alone and hey if don’t like fat free stuff these are still gonna have great macros with full fat ingredients (they’ll just be a bit higher in calories and fat). Speaking of Chicago deep dish…what’s your favorite? Let me know in the comments below!!!
Here is the recipe:
- 3 Large Whole Eggs
- 5 Ounces (150g) Cream Cheese (I prefer Fat Free)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
- 6 Tablespoons (30g) Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 9 Ounces (252g) Your Choice Cheese (Reduced/Fat Free)
- Low Sodium/Sugar Pizza Sauce
- Cheese (Reduced/Fat Free)
- Any other toppings you want
Calories in the whole recipe:
- Calories: 1045
- Fat: 29g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Sodium: 3012mg
- Carbs: 45g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 21g
- Protein: 151g
Calories in each pizza (if you make 3):
- Calories: 348
- Fat: 9.6g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3g
- Sodium: 1004mg
- Carbs: 15g
- Fiber: .6g
- Sugar: 7g
- Protein: 50.3g
How to make:
- Mix all over your Crust ingredients together in a bowl
- Evenly distribute your mix into individual oven safe pans (or one big one) coated with non-stick cooking spray
- Bake them on 375F/190C for 20-25 minutes
- Remove them from the oven and let them cool
- Add on your Toppings and continue baking on 375F/190C for around 20 minutes or until your cheese has fully melted
- Save your crusts in the fridge and just throw your toppings on whenever you want a fresh one!