We’re back, I’m no longer sick, and I’ve still got my taste buds! Today we’re diving down the recipe road of my current addiction…a High Protein Acai Bowl! This healthy smoothie bowl recipe is quick to make, filling, and seriously delicious.
The first thing you’ll need for this one is either a blender or food processor to get your ingredients smooth. If you don’t have either I’ll make sure to include links to mine in the recipe card below.
For your base recipe and “bowl” portion you’re going to add right into whatever you’re using 200 grams of frozen acai, 100 grams of frozen blueberries, 15 grams of spinach, 2 ounces of a milk substitute, 75 grams of your choice flavor Greek yogurt, and 30 grams of your choice flavor protein powder.
Blend or process those until smooth.
Make sure you use complimenting flavors when mixing and matching your Greek yogurt and protein powder flavor.
You’ll also want to make sure your that your acai is thawed a bit before adding it so that it mixes in easier!
Did you know that outside of easily and accurately mastering your recipes that a kitchen scale will also save you time cleaning up?
How!? When you use your kitchen scale to weigh your ingredients you won’t need any other measuring cups or spoons, all you need is whatever you’re using to mix your ingredients in!
For my high protein acai bowl topping I like to add 25 grams of granola, 28 grams of hemp seed hearts which are packed with healthy fats and protein, and some various other fresh chopped up fruit like banana and kiwi.
This topping part is completely up to you. You could use pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, honey, chopped up nuts, the list is endless. Let me know some of your favorite healthy toppings in the comments below!
A couple tips for this one?
- You can mix and match what you pair with your acai. Mango, banana, pineapple, and so on all work great.
- If you don’t like the amount of sugar in this recipe you could halve in the recipe card below or use a lower sugar fruit like strawberries or avocado.
- Don’t wait too long to eat it or it’ll melt!
If you had to eat a single fruit for the rest of your life, what would it would be? Let me know below! I think I’d go with blueberries but a cold watermelon slice after a day in the sun is a strong contender…
Try our delicious and filling Protein Fluff recipe next!
High Protein Acai Bowl
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 200 g Acai - Frozen
- 100 g Blueberries - Frozen
- 15 g Spinach
- 2 Ounces Milk Substitute
- ½ Container Greek Yogurt - Your Choice Flavor
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - Your Choice Flavor
- 25 g Granola
- 2 Tablespoons Hemp Seeds - or Hemp Seed Hearts
- Fruit - Your Choice
- Add all of your Base Recipe ingredients into a blender or food processor
- Blend or process until smooth
- Pour your mix into a bowl
- Top it with your Optional Toppings
- Calories: 422
- Fat: 10g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 140mg
- Carbs: 50g (Net carbs: 40g)
- Fiber: 10g
- Sugar: 37g
- Protein: 33g
Leave a Comment