If you’re craving French toast then you’re going to LOVE this High Protein French Toast Sticks recipe! These are healthy, quick, delicious, great for bodybuilding, and CHEAP!
The best part? You don’t need a ton of ingredients to make them!
The first thing you need to do for this recipe is take out a bowl, one big enough to fit your high protein French toast sticks into.
Add into that bowl, 2 large eggs, 2 large egg whites, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/2 cup of milk substitute, 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, and 1/2 tablespoon of melted butter.
Mix those ingredients together until smooth.
Take out your favorite French toast bread. Today, I’m using Texas toast (it’s thick!). You can user whatever bread you like here. More importantly, whatever bread fits your macros that day.
Cut each piece of your choice bread into 3 slices (these will be your high protein French toast sticks).
Take out a baking pan or dish and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray.
With your pan close, dunk each side of your slices into your mix and place those onto your baking pan or dish. Make sure you let the excess mix drip off before placing them in.
Repeat those steps until all of your mix is gone.
Baked French Toast Sticks
Coat the top of your high protein French toast sticks with some non-stick cooking spray and put them into the oven on 350F/176C for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, remove them, coat the top of that side with some more non-stick cooking spray, and put them back into the oven on 350F/176C for another 10 minutes.
Why coat them with non-stick cooking spray? To give them the outer shell!
Remove them from the oven and dunk them in some sugar free syrup.
You could also top them with some whipped cream, peanut butter or other nut butter, Greek yogurt, and so on. Let me know your favorite healthier dip or toppings below in the comments!
Ready for another high protein breakfast? Try our Simple Low Carb Donuts recipe next!
High Protein French Toast Sticks
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- ½ Tablespoon Butter
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - Vanilla
- 4 Ounces Milk Substitute - or Milk
- 4-5 Slices Bread - Your choice (I like Texas Toast since it’s thick)
- Melt your Butter
- Add all of your ingredients into either a food processor or blender
- Process/blend everything together
- Cut each piece of your Bread into 3 pieces
- Take out a baking sheet or pan and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray
- Dunk each side of your pieces into your mix (letting the excess mix drip off)
- Put them onto your sheet or pan
- Coat the tops of your pieces with some non-stick cooking spray (this creates a nice outer shell)
- Put them into the oven on 350F/176C for 10 minutes
- Take them out, flip your pieces over, and coat that side with some non-stick cooking spray
- Put them back into the oven on 350F/176C for another 10 minutes
- Calories: 358
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 530mg
- Carbs: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 46g