So it’s Sunday morning and you’re on your ritual donut run that you always end up regretting because of that dozen you order for family and friends you end up eating six of them (I know I have). Lets change that today. How about if I told you in the time it takes you to drive to the donut shop you could make a dozen LOW CARB donuts without the side of regret, would you believe me? Well you don’t have to. Today I’m gonna show you my low carb donut recipe and yes, they actually taste good!
First lets get this out of the way, you’re gonna need a donut pan. You can make them without one but for less than 10 bucks there’s no reason you shouldn’t have one. Get this one by clicking right here.
Now take out a bowl and mix together 3/4 cup or 84 grams of almond flour, 1 1/2 scoops or 45 grams of my Baking Protein (or a vanilla protein powder) which you can purchase by clicking right there for $19.99, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
In another bowl mix together 1 tablespoon of melted unsalted butter, 1 large whole egg, 2 large egg whites, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 2.65 ounces or 75 grams of fat free greek yogurt, and 3 tablespoons of a sweetener.
Add your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and mix everything together.
Last, coat your donut pan with some non-stick cooking spray and add your mix in. Make sure not to get any batter in your hole and if you do to wipe it off before the oven. Top your donuts with whatever you want and bake them on 350F/176C for 8-10 minutes. Today I made two batches one plain that I chocolate glazed and one with sprinkles and chocolate chips!
Donut Sunday can now be donut everyday with this recipe. These donuts don’t just look good, they seriously taste just as good as they look. The best thing about this recipe is that if you get bored with it or wanna change things up you can easily add whatever you want into the doughnut or on top of it.
Now I have some doughnuts to eat…STAY HEALTHY!
Wilton Nonstick Donut Pan: http://amzn.to/2kjStuH
Here is the recipe:
- 3/4 Cup (84g) Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 Scoops (45g) Baking Protein (or Vanilla Protein Powder)
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2.65 Ounces (75g) Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons Your Choice Sweetener
Calories in the WHOLE recipe:
- Calories: 974
- Fat: 62g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 312mg
- Carbs: 30g
- Fiber: 12g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 74g
Calories in each donut (if you make 6):
- Calories: 162
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3g
- Sodium: 52mg
- Carbs: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 12.3g
How to make:
- Take out a bowl and mix together your Almond Flour, Baking Protein, Ground Cinnamon, Salt, and Baking Powder
- In another bowl mix together your Butter (melt it first), Egg, Egg Whites, Vanilla Extract, Greek Yogurt, and Sweetener
- Add your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and mix everything together
- Coat a donut pan with some non-stick cooking spray and pour your mix in
- Top them with whatever you want
- Bake them on 350F/176C for 8-10 minutes
- Make sure not to overfill your donut pan!