It’s time to start your ritual weekend morning donut run that you always end up regretting with something a bit healthier! These Simple Low Carb Donuts are easy to make, packed with protein, and guilt-free!
Yes, I said guilt-free! You can probably eat a dozen of these for the same “diet price” of a regular donut without the side of regret.
First, let’s get this out of the way…you’re going to need a donut pan.
Sure, you can make them without one but for less than 10 bucks there’s no reason you shouldn’t save yourself the pain of doing so!
Once you’ve got yourself a donut pan, take out 2 bowls.
Add into your first bowl and mix together 3/4 cup of almond flour, 1 1/2 scoops of protein powder, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
Add into your second bowl and mix together 1 tablespoon of melted unsalted butter, 1 large whole egg, 2 large egg whites, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 2.65 ounces of fat free Greek yogurt, and 3 tablespoons of a sweetener.
Combine your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and mix everything together. You can stop mixing when your low carb donuts batter is smooth.
Low Carb Donut Batter
Last, coat your donut pan with some non-stick cooking spray and add your mix in.
You’ll want to make sure not to get any batter over the “hole”. Basically, fill your donut spots right up to the top of that.
Top your low carb donuts with whatever you want and bake them on 350F/176C for 8-10 minutes.
I made two batches today, one plain that I chocolate glazed and one with sprinkles and chocolate chips.
Donut Sunday can now be donut everyday with this simple low carb donuts recipe. These donuts don’t just look good, they seriously taste just as good as they look!
Add whatever you want into the donuts or on top of them to change things up when you get bored.
How about some delicious Pumpkin Protein Donuts next?
Simple Low Carb Donuts
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ¾ Cup Almond Flour - 84g
- 1 ½ Scoops Protein Powder - 45g Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Butter - Unsalted
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2.65 Ounces Greek Yogurt - 75g Fat Free
- 3 Tablespoons Sweetener - Your Choice
- Take out a bowl and mix together your Almond Flour, Baking Protein, Ground Cinnamon, Salt, and Baking Powder
- In another bowl mix together your Butter (melt it first), Egg, Egg Whites, Vanilla Extract, Greek Yogurt, and Sweetener
- Add your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and mix everything together
- Coat a donut pan with some non-stick cooking spray and pour your mix in
- Top them with whatever you want
- Bake them on 350F/176C for 8-10 minutes
- Calories: 974
- Fat: 62g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 312mg
- Carbs: 30g
- Fiber: 12g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 74g
- Calories: 162
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3g
- Sodium: 52mg
- Carbs: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 12.3g