The colder weather is here and that means the return of warmer healthy desserts! One of my favorites? This healthy, delicious, and easy to make Microwave Protein Cobbler recipe!
Yes, this is seriously a microwave cobbler recipe using protein powder and it tastes just as good as it looks.
To make this, you need at least 3 minutes of your time, 2 bowls, and a microwave!
The first thing you need to do is mix together 1 cup of frozen strawberries or other frozen fruit, 1 tablespoon of light brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
The goal here is to coat all of your frozen fruit with your mix.
Microwave the frozen fruit mix for around :60-:90 seconds or until they’re defrosted.
If you’re using fresh or canned fruit then there’s no need to microwave this part.
I mentioned this previously but you can use any fruit you want for this recipe. You can also use a mixture of fruit to really switch things up!
With that said, melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter and pour it over your fruit mix. Lightly stir it in until everything is coated.
In your another bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of whole wheat pastry flour, 1 1/2 ounces of milk substitute, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1 scoop of your choice flavor protein powder, 1 tablespoon of sweetener, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, a pinch of baking powder, and a pinch of salt.
Pour that over your fruit mix and microwave it for around 1-2 minutes.
Once the “top dough” looks done, remove it from your microwave. Sprinkle on some brown sugar or top it with whatever you want!
Protein Cobbler Topping
I like topping mine with either some lighter whipped cream, protein frosting, nut butter, or Greek yogurt.
Use compliment flavoring when you make this. Strawberries with vanilla protein powder and vanilla Greek yogurt topping. Bananas with chocolate protein powder and nut butter. The list is endless!
There aren’t many things that can be done well in 3 minutes but this microwave protein cobbler recipe is definitely one of them.
Try our Stuffed Low Carb Microwave Donut recipe next!
Microwave Protein Cobbler
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Cup Strawberries - Frozen (or Any Other Fruit)
- 1 Tablespoon Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Tablespoon Butter - Melted
- 2 Tablespoons Pastry Flour - Whole Wheat
- 1 ½ Ounces Milk - or Milk Substitute
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - Vanilla works great!
- 1 Tablespoon Sweetener
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Pinch Baking Powder
- 1 Pinch Salt
- Mix together your Frozen Strawberries, Light Brown Sugar, and ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Microwave your Frozen Strawberry mix for 60-90 seconds or until they’re defrosted
- Melt your Butter, pour it over your Frozen Strawberry mix, and lightly mix it in
- In a separate bowl mix together the rest of your ingredients and pour that mix over your Frozen Strawberry Mix
- Microwave for 1-2 minutes or until your top dough looks done and top it with some light brown sugar
- Calories: 328
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 205mg
- Carbs: 39g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 19g
- Protein: 25g
Leave a Comment