Short on time but not your seasonal cravings? Try a Microwave Protein Pumpkin Cake! This quick pumpkin cake recipe takes just minutes to make with simple ingredients and is packed with pumpkin flavor!
All you need to make this one is a mixing bowl for your ingredients, something to microwave your cake in, and a microwave.
Add into your mixing bowl 1 scoop of a vanilla protein powder, 1 large egg white or 3 tablespoons of liquid egg whites, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 2 tablespoons of coconut flour, 1 teaspoon of light brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 ounce of unsweetened milk substitute, and 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree.
Mix everything together until your microwave protein pumpkin cake mix is smooth.
Take out at least a 2 cup microwave safe dish and coat it with some non-sticking cooking spray. If you want a bigger or smaller cake you can scale the recipe below but keep in mind that the bigger your cake is, the longer it’ll take to microwave.
Add your mix into the dish and microwave it for :30 seconds.
Mix everything around a bit after :30 seconds and continue microwaving it for around :60-:90 seconds. Also keep in mind that another factor in your microwave time will be how powerful your microwave is.
Remove your microwave protein pumpkin cake from the microwave and let it cool.
Pop your cake out of the dish and top it! I topped mine with some pumpkin Greek yogurt and ground cinnamon. Let us know what you top yours with in the comments below.
Another great topping? Our High Protein Frosting recipe!
Microwave Protein Pumpkin Cake
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Ounce Milk Substitute - or Milk
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 Tablespoons Liquid Egg Whites - or 1 Large Egg Whites
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Light Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Pumpkin Puree
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Combine all of your ingredients into a bowl
- Mix everything together
- Take out a 2 cup microwave safe dish and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray
- Pour your mix into the dish
- Microwave for :30 seconds, mix everything around, and microwave for an additional :60-:90 seconds
- Calories: 256
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 321mg
- Carbs: 19g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 10g
- Protein: 36g