Are you ready to kick those unhealthy Nutella cravings with a Nutella Protein Mug Cake!? This healthy hazelnut dessert recipe is easy to make, made with simple ingredients, and guaranteed to satisfy your cravings!
Start this recipe by coating your favorite mug with some non-stick cooking spray. Coating it will make sure nothing sticks and/or make it easier to pop out of the mug for frosting.
Add into your mug 1 1/2 large egg whites or 4 1/2 tablespoons of liquid egg whites, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 3 tablespoons of coconut flour, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 2 tablespoons of Nutella, 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/8 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 container of vanilla Greek yogurt, and 1 scoop of a chocolate protein powder.
Did you know that coconut flour has around 5g of fiber for every 60 calories?
Mix all of those Nutella protein mug cake ingredients up until smooth.
Put your mug into the microwave for :30 seconds, mix everything around again, and put it back into the microwave for :90 seconds.
Microwave time will depend on how powerful your microwave is. Powerful? Less time. Not powerful? More time. Keep an eye on it and remember how long it took for next time.
Remove it from the microwave, optionally pop it out, and top it. I like topping my Nutella protein mug cake with some of our High Protein Frosting!
Nutella Protein Mug Cake
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Tablespoons Nutella
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2.65 Ounces Greek Yogurt - Fat Free Vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Flour - or Oat Flour
- 4 ½ Tablespoons Liquid Egg Whites - or 1 ½ Large Egg Whites
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ⅛ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - Chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder - 10g
- Take out a mug and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray
- Add all of your ingredients into it
- Mix everything together
- Microwave your mug for :30 seconds
- Mix everything together again
- Microwave for an additional :90 seconds
- Calories: 529
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 477mg
- Carbs: 47g
- Fiber: 13g
- Sugar: 24g
- Protein: 47g