Are you ready to step your healthy dessert game up a level? This absolutely delicious Orange Cream Protein Cake with Frosting recipe is easy to make, full of flavor, and packed with protein. The best part? You can make healthy orange bread or cupcakes too!
We’re going to make a cake today but keep in mind that if you want an orange cream bread or orange cream cupcakes, you can make that too. I’ll tell you how below!
Orange Cream Protein Cake
For your cake you’re going to need to take out either a food processor or really powerful blender. You could use a hand mixer but processing or blending your orange/orange zest will net a much better result.
Add right into your processor or blender 2 large whole eggs, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, a couple pieces of some orange zest, 1/2 a peeled orange, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil, 1 cup of pastry flour, 1 1/2 scoops of a vanilla protein powder, 1/4 cup of your choice sweetener, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Want a bigger cake? Double or triple the recipe using the scale below!
Process or blend all of those ingredients together until smooth.
Take out a baking sheet and your cake pan(s). Here is where you can choose what you’re making. Don’t want an orange cream protein cake? Use a bread or cupcake pan, it’s that easy.
Coat your pan(s) with some non-stick cooking spray and evenly distribute your mix into it/them.
Bake your orange cream cake on 350F/176C for around 15:00 minutes. Keep in mind that cooking time will depend on the pan you’re using so make sure to keep an eye on it!
Protein Frosting Recipe
Every cake needs a topping and that topping today is going to be this quick protein frosting!
Add into a bowl 1/2 container of Greek yogurt, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 scoop of a vanilla protein powder, and 4 ounces of cream cheese.
Mix those together until your protein frosting forms.
Easily switch up the flavor of your protein frosting by using various flavored Greek yogurts and protein powders (just make sure they compliment each other). My favorite? Orange cream Greek yogurt and vanilla protein powder!
Remove your orange cream protein cake from the oven, frost it, and top it with some orange slices!
How about some Protein Banana Bread next!?
Orange Cream Protein Cake with Frosting
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Slices Orange Zest
- ½ Orange
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil - 28g
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil - 14g
- 1 Cup Pastry Flour - 120g Whole Wheat
- 1 ½ Scoops Protein Powder - 45g Vanilla
- ¼ Cup Sweetener
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 2.65 Ounces Greek Yogurt - 75g Fat Free Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - 30g Vanilla
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese - 120g Fat Free
- Shave 2 slices of Zest off your Orange
- Peel your Orange
- Add all of your ingredients for your Bread, Cake, or Cupcakes into a food processor and process them together
- Add all of your ingredients for your Frosting into a bowl and mix them together until a frosting forms.
- Take out a either a bread, cake, or cupcake pan and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly distribute your mix into your pan.
- Bake on 350F/176C for 15 minutes.
- Spread your frosting onto your bread, cake, or cupcakes.
- Top with some orange slices
- Calories: 1449
- Fat: 57g
- Saturated Fat: 22g
- Sodium: 904mg
- Carbs: 118g
- Fiber: 20g
- Sugar: 19g
- Protein: 116g
- Calories: 724
- Fat: 28.5g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Sodium: 452mg
- Carbs: 59g
- Fiber: 10g
- Sugar: 9.5g
- Protein: 58g