Looking for a healthy boost before the gym? Try some Pre-Workout Protein Pudding! This easy pre-workout recipe packs a ton of flavor, great macros, and just the right amount of caffeine to keep you going.
All you need for this recipe? A few minutes of your time and a food processor like this or blender!
Add right into your food processor or blender 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 3 tablespoons of pasteurized liquid egg whites, 1 scoop of a chocolate protein powder, 1 tablespoon of chocolate or regular peanut butter, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, 1 teaspoon of instant coffee, and 1/4 cup of unsweetened milk substitute.
Instant coffee will not just add some flavor but also give you a boost with 50-70mg of caffeine per teaspoon depending on the brand.
Don’t want a boost? Omit the coffee from your pre-workout protein pudding recipe.
Process or blend all of those ingredients together until it looks like pudding. This should only take around :20-:30 seconds.
This pre-workout protein pudding is rich, thick, and you can’t taste the cottage cheese at all! I like to top mine with some sugar free chocolate syrup and chips. Let us know what you top your pudding with in the comments below!
Pro tip? Put it in the fridge for around 20-30 minutes, it’ll thicken up even more!
Did You Know
- Liquid egg whites are perfectly safe to drink or eat as long as they say pasteurized. Pasteurized means that your egg whites have already been cooked, making them perfectly safe to consume!
- Cocoa powder has no sugar in it and is a great cheap source of fiber with 2g per tablespoon.
- Cottage cheese is cheap, high in protein, and has casein protein in it which is slow digesting. Slow digesting foods will keep your energy levels stable for longer!
Did you like this pre-workout protein pudding and want another quick pre-workout idea? Try an Iced Coffee Protein Shake!
Pre-Workout Protein Pudding
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 3 Tablespoons Liquid Egg Whites - Pasteurized
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - Chocolate
- ½ Cup Rolled Oats
- ½ Cup Cottage Cheese - Fat Free
- 2 Ounces Milk Substitute - or Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Instant Coffee
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Peanut Butter - Chocolate Preferred
- Add all of your ingredients into either a food processor or blender
- Process/blend everything together
- Calories: 537
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 674mg
- Carbs: 49g
- Fiber: 10g
- Sugar: 13g
- Protein: 56g