What’s up everyone! Summer…yes SUMMER is right around the corner (finally). I don’t know about you guys but 2 things I can’t drink unless it’s over 70 degrees are iced coffee and LEMONADE. Lemonade is almost always packed with sugar so lets pack it with protein instead!
First you’ll need 1/4 cup or 2 ounces of some hot water that’s gonna be used to dissolve your sweetener and of course 1 or 2 tablespoons of your choice sweetener. Go ahead and mix your sweetener in until it’s dissolved. In the video above I’m choosing to add everything into a blender to make it more of a slushy (I was in the mood) but you can also just use a pitcher as well. Next you need 2 lemons. If you’re a pro, have a lot of built up anger, or train grip strength you can probably juice them with your hands but I prefer to use a lemon squeezer instead (link below). After that add in 3/4 cup or 6 ounces of water, 1 scoop or 30 grams of my Baking Protein Powder or a vanilla flavored protein powder, and some ice. Mix or blend everything together, add in some lemon slices, and serve it to everyone you love!
- Lemon Squeezer:
Quick, easy, and cheap…my favorite. Cheers to warmer weather!
Here is the recipe:
- 1/4 Cup (2 Ounces) Hot Water
- 1-2 Tablespoons Your Choice Sweetener
- 2 Lemons
- 3/4 Cup (6 Ounces) Water
- 1 Scoop (30g) Baking Protein or Your Choice Protein Powder (Vanilla works great!)
Calories in the WHOLE recipe:
- Calories: 138
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 110mg
- Carbs: 10g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 20g
How to make:
- Heat up some water, add your Sweetener in, and mix everything around until it’s dissolved
- Squeeze your Lemons
- Add the rest of your ingredients in and blend or mix everything around
- Add in or top it with some lemon slices!
- Blending it with a ton of ice makes for a DELICIOUS lemonade slushy!