Summer…yes SUMMER is right around the corner (finally). I don’t know about you guys but 2 things I can’t drink unless it’s over 70 degrees are iced coffee and LEMONADE. Lemonade is almost always packed with sugar but today we change that’d make some low sugar PROTEIN Lemonade!
First you’ll need 1/4 cup or 2 ounces of some hot water that’s gonna be used to dissolve your sweetener and of course 1 or 2 tablespoons of your choice sweetener. Go ahead and mix your sweetener in until it’s dissolved. In the video above I’m choosing to add everything into a blender to make it more of a slushy (I was in the mood) but you can also just use a pitcher as well. Next you need 2 lemons. If you’re a pro, have a lot of built up anger, or train grip strength you can probably juice them with your hands but I prefer to use a lemon squeezer instead (link below). After that add in 3/4 cup or 6 ounces of water, 1 scoop or 30 grams of my Baking Protein Powder or a vanilla flavored protein powder, and some ice. Mix or blend everything together, add in some lemon slices, and serve it to everyone you love!
- Lemon Squeezer:
Quick, easy, and cheap…my favorite. Cheers to warmer weather!
Here is the recipe:
- 1/4 Cup (2 Ounces) Hot Water
- 1-2 Tablespoons Your Choice Sweetener
- 2 Lemons
- 3/4 Cup (6 Ounces) Water
- 1 Scoop (30g) Baking Protein or Your Choice Protein Powder (Vanilla works great!)
Calories in the WHOLE recipe:
- Calories: 138
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 110mg
- Carbs: 10g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 20g
How to make:
- Heat up some water, add your Sweetener in, and mix everything around until it’s dissolved
- Squeeze your Lemons
- Add the rest of your ingredients in and blend or mix everything around
- Add in or top it with some lemon slices!
- Blending it with a ton of ice makes for a DELICIOUS lemonade slushy!