Have your sweet potatoes for dinner AND dessert with this Protein Sweet Potato Cake recipe! Rich, filling, packed with great macros, easy to make, and absolutely delicious.
You’ll need either mixing bowl or food processor and a cake pan for this one.
Add into whatever you’re using 2 large whole eggs, 1/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla milk substitute, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/3 cup of your choice sweetener, 4 scoops of a vanilla protein powder, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, 1/2 ounce of pecans, and 2 pounds of cooked or canned sweet potatoes.
Mix everything until your protein sweet potato cake mix is smooth. I used a hand mixer to speed this step up in my mixing bowl. If you don’t have a hand mixer, here’s a link to the one I’ve been using and recommend.
Take out at least a 9” baking pan, coat it with some non-sticking cooking spray, and pour your mix in.
Before the oven you can sprinkle on a little ground cinnamon, 1/2 ounce of crushed up pecans, and/or anything else you want. Mix and match your flavors to suit your cravings/macros!
Put your future protein sweet potato cake into the oven on 350F/176C for around 60-75 minutes. You can easily check if it’s done by inserting a toothpick into the center and if it comes out clean, it’s done.
Remove your cake from the oven, let it cool, cut it, and devour.
Add even more protein to this cake by topping it with our High Protein Frosting recipe!
Protein Sweet Potato Cake
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- ¼ Cup Milk Substitute - or Milk (2 Ounces)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce - 122g
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ⅓ Cup Sweetener
- 4 Scoops Protein Powder - 120g Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Honey - 21g
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil - 14g
- 1 Ounce Pecans - 28g
- 2 Pounds Sweet Potatoes - 908g Cooked/Canned
- Add all of your ingredients into a large bowl aside from 1/2 of your Pecans
- Mix everything together
- Take out at least a 9” baking pan and coat it with non-stick cooking spray
- Pour your mix in
- Top with Ground Cinnamon and the rest of your Pecans
- Bake on 350F/176C for 60-75 minutes
- Calories: 1925
- Fat: 49g
- Saturated Fat: 19g
- Sodium: 1090mg
- Carbs: 232g
- Fiber: 37g
- Sugar: 98g
- Protein: 139g