Today we combine 2 really easy and cheap sources of protein! They might not sound like they go together but I promise you after this recipe you’ll never think that again so lets just jump right into this quick EASY CHEESY TUNA OMELETTE…
Start with 5 large eggs and mix those together with 1/4 cup of milk or milk substitute. Once mixed take out a stove top pan, turn your burner on medium heat, coat it with some non-stick cooking spray, and pour your eggs in. Sprinkle on a little black pepper then take out a bowl for your tuna mix. Into that bowl add 1 can of drained tuna, 4 tablespoons of fat free cream cheese, 1/2 cup of your choice cheese, 6 tablespoons of fat free sour cream, 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder, 1/4 teaspoon of dill weed, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic. Mix those together until it’s smooth and take that over to your eggs. When your eggs move together go ahead and spoon your tuna mix onto one side of it. Flip half your eggs over after you’ve spooned it all on, throw your cover on the pan, and let it cook for a few minutes.
- NEW Meal Prep Containers: https://amzn.to/2HjwfWg
- $20 Kitchen Scale: http://amzn.to/2k8YrPt
- Affordable Pan Set: http://amzn.to/2fea3Rr
So there is your tuna omelette and yes, it tastes just as good as it looks. A couple things you could do to change this one up?
- Add in some chopped up vegetables!
- Toss in some chili sauce to add a little heat to it!
- Use other spices or herbs!
Here is the recipe:
- 5 Large Whole Eggs
- 1/4 Cup (2 Ounces) Milk or Milk Substitute
- Black Pepper
- 1 Can Drained Tuna
- 4 Tablespoons (56g) Fat Free Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Cup (56g) Your Choice Cheese
- 6 Tablespoons (96g) Fat Free Sour Cream
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Dill Weed
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
How to make:
- Mix your Eggs and Milk together
- Take out a stove top pan, turn your burner on medium heat, and coat it with non-stick cooking spray
- Pour your egg mix in and sprinkle on your Black Pepper
- Mix together the rest of your ingredients in a bowl
- After a couple minutes (your eggs should move together when you shake your pan), spoon your tuna mix onto one side of your omelette
- Close your omelette off, cover, and let it cook for a few minutes
- Use reduced or full fat ingredients if you can’t find fat free!
- Add in some chopped vegetables, other spices or herbs, etc!
Calories in the whole recipe:
- Calories: 703
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 804mg
- Carbs: 32g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 12g
- Protein: 83g