If you haven’t caught the right one yet, this recipe will make you feel like you have! Cheap, quick, and works with all kinds of fish! If you’re ready to spice things up, this Southwestern Crusted Fish recipe is for you!
Start by taking out 1 1/2 pounds which is 24 ounces of fish and a large bowl. The choice of fish is completely up to you…as you can see in the video I’m using a flounder but any white fish (halibut, haddock, cod), salmon, and so on all work great with this recipe. Another thing here is if you wanna make enough to last you the whole week just double or triple the recipe accordingly depending on how many pounds you have (3 pounds = double the recipe).
Add into your large bowl 1/2 cup or 56 grams of shredded parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup or 43 grams of cornmeal, 2 tablespoons or 14 grams of almond flour, 1 teaspoon of paprika, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Mix those ingredients together.
Next, take out a baking dish and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray. After you coat your dish take each piece of your fish, roll it around in your mix, and place them into your baking dish. If you have any mix leftover just evenly distribute it onto your fish once they’re in your dish.
Last, top your fish with some non-stick cooking spray if you want them to be a bit crispy and then stick your dish in the oven on either 400F/204 or 425F/218C for 15-25 minutes depending on how thick your fish is/what kind you’re using.
Seriously, if you want something a bit spicy with a TON of flavor then you’ll love this recipe!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 1/2 Pounds (24 Ounces) Fish
- 1/2 Cup (56g) Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup (43g) Cornmeal
- 2 Tablespoons (14g) Almond Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper
Calories in the WHOLE recipe:
- Calories: 941
- Fat: 25g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Sodium: 873mg
- Carbs: 37g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 1g
- Protein: 142g
Calories in 6 ounces (4 servings):
- Calories: 235
- Fat: 6.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 218.2mg
- Carbs: 9.2g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sugar: .2g
- Protein: 35.5g
How to make:
- Add all of your ingredients aside from your fish into a bowl
- Mix them together
- Take out a baking dish and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray
- Roll each piece of your fish around a few times in your mix and place them into your baking dish
- Evenly distribute any mix you didn’t use on top
- Coat the top of your fish with some non-stick cooking spray
- Bake it on 400F/204C or 425F/218C for 15-25 minutes depending on how thick your fish is/what kind you’re using
- Double or triple the recipe!