It’s time you beat your unhealthy chocolate cravings with a healthier alternative! This Red Velvet Protein Shake recipe tastes just like you would imagine, is super quick to make, and packed with protein!
You’ll need either a blender or shaker bottle for this recipe. A blender will thicken it up a bit more by blending the ice but it tastes great in both!
Add into whatever you’re using 3/4 cup of unsweetened milk substitute, 1/2 container of vanilla Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1 scoop of a chocolate protein powder, 1/2 serving of red velvet cake mix, and a couple ice cubes.
Did you know that cocoa powder has no sugar in it and 2 grams of fiber for every 10 calories?
Blend or shake until everything for your red velvet protein shake is fully incorporated.
Pour your red velvet protein shake into your favorite glass and optionally top it. I topped mine with a little whipped cream and cocoa powder today.
Other great shake toppings for this recipe?
Red Velvet Shake Toppings
- Whipped cream (used today)
- Cool whip
- Crushed up nuts
- Sugar free chocolate syrup
- Cocoa Powder (used today)
- Coffee beans
Let us know what you top your shake with in the comments below.
Try our Red Velvet Protein Pancakes next!
Red Velvet Protein Shake
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 6 Ounces Milk Substitute - or Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - Chocolate
- 2.65 Ounces Greek Yogurt - Fat Free Vanilla
- ½ Serving Cake Mix - 2 Tablespoons Red Velvet
- Ice - Your Choice
- Whipped Cream
- Put all of your ingredients into either a shaker bottle or blender aside from your Whipped Cream
- Shake or blend everything together
- Top with your Whipped Cream
- Calories: 310
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Sodium: 510mg
- Carbs: 32g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 16g
- Protein: 32g