Spice up your life with some cheap canned chicken! This Spicy Canned Chicken Salad recipe made with Greek yogurt is the perfect blend of quick, healthy, and DELICIOUS! If you’re looking for a new way to make your chicken taste better, this is the high protein recipe to try.
All you need for this healthy chicken salad? A bowl to mix everything in and something to eat it with!
Add right into your bowl 1 big can of drained chicken, 2 tablespoons of a low fat or fat free mayonnaise, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1 ounce of plain Greek yogurt, 2 teaspoons of chili sauce, 1 teaspoon of your choice hot sauce, 1 cup of chopped up celery, and a couple chopped up red onion slices.
Don’t like celery or red onion? Switch it up and add whatever fresh chopped vegetables you want or have on hand.
Mix everything together until you have your spicy canned chicken salad.
Pro tip? Mix it right in whatever you’re storing it in and you’ll have even less to clean up.
That’s it, your spicy canned chicken salad is ready. Some of my favorite ways to eat this?
Healthy Chicken Salad Ideas
- In a wrap with fresh vegetables
- As a sandwich on macro friendly bread
- Mixed in with rice or quinoa
- With healthy crackers or rice cakes
Let us know some of your favorite ways to eat this in the comments below.
Bored of or don’t have canned chicken? Try this recipe with canned tuna.
Looking for another canned chicken recipe idea? Try our Canned Chicken Club Balls!
Spicy Canned Chicken Salad
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Can Chicken - 12.5 Ounces (or Canned Tuna)
- 1 Cup Celery - Chopped
- 2-4 Slices Red Onion - Chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise - Low Fat or Fat Free
- 1 Ounce Greek Yogurt - Fat Free Plain
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Chili Sauce - Sriracha
- 1 Teaspoon Hot Sauce
- Drain your Canned Chicken
- Chop up your Celery and Red Onion
- Combine everything together in a bowl
- Calories: 404
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Sodium: 597mg
- Carbs: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 70g