Remember Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars? Yeah, they’re still delicious! Unfortunately (keep reading!) I’m not gonna show you how to make them healthier today but what I am gonna show you is how to make a Strawberry Shortcake Protein Cheesecake that tastes just as good!!!
Start this one with 1/2 cup of almond flour for your crust and 2 tablespoons of melted butter. Mix those up together until it gets kind of clumpy.
Next take out a
While that’s baking add into a large bowl 16 ounces of cream cheese, 2 large whole eggs, 2 scoops of a protein powder, 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup of a sweetener depending on what you’re using (I like erythritol), 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, and 2 containers of a vanilla Greek yogurt. Mix all of those together until smooth! Do your best to get most of the clumps out but don’t over-mix it or you’ll put too much air in the cheesecake and it won’t have the right texture. Finally chop up some fresh strawberries and lightly mix/fold those in.
Once your crust is done and cooled pour your mix in and throw that in the oven on 325F/162C for around 30-35 minutes. After that drop it to 200F/93C and bake for an additional 50 minutes to 1 hour. Remove it, let it cool, wrap it up, and throw it in the fridge for a few hours (I usually let it sit overnight).
To make your topping base layer you could just use a container of Greek yogurt but I prefer it to be a bit thicker and that’s easily done by mixing in a scoop of protein powder and 1/4 teaspoon of xanthan gum. Evenly distribute that layer to the top of your cheesecake. For the main layer you’ll wanna crush up 2 things.
- Strawberry wafers (I use 2 of them).
- A couple cookies (depends how big they are). These could be shortbread (my favorite), vanilla wafer cookies, or even animal crackers…just think outside the box and use what best fits your macros.
If you want, you could even go the sugar free route with both of these.
Mix those together, sprinkle on top, and prepare yourself for a mouthgasm…
Pretty easy, right? A little goes a long way with the topping so even if you use something that’s high in sugar it’s still not gonna add THAT much sugar to the recipe. You can also switch this recipe up to fit your macros. Example? Use full fat cream cheese, reduced, or even fat free!
Strawberry Shortcake Protein Cheesecake Recipe
- ½ Cup Almond Flour 56g
- 2 Tablespoons Butter or Coconut Oil
- 16 Ounces Cream Cheese Full, Reduced, or Fat Free
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- 2 Scoops Protein Powder Unflavored, Strawberry, or Vanilla work best
- ¼-½ Cup Sweetener I like Erythritol
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Containers Vanilla Greek Yogurt 300g
- Strawberries Fresh
- 1 Container Strawberry Greek Yogurt
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder Your Choice Flavor
- ¼ Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- 2 Strawberry Wafers
- 2 Cookies Sugar Free, Shortbread, Vanilla Wafer, Animal Crackers, Golden Oreo, etc
- Mix together your Almond Flour and Melted Butter until clumpy
- Take out a 6×2 pan and line it with parchment paper
- Press your crust in and bake it on 350F/176C until golden brown (around 10-15 minutes)
- Remove it and let it cool
- Mix together all of your Cheesecake ingredients (be careful not to over-mix or you’ll add too much air to the cheesecake)
- Chop up and lightly mix in your Strawberries
- Pour your mix on top of your cooled crust in your 6×2 pan
- Bake on 325F/162C for 30-35 minutes
- Drop your temp to 200F/93C and bake for an additional 50 minutes-1 hour
- Remove it from the oven, let it cool, wrap it up, and put it in the fridge for a couple hours
- Mix together your Greek Yogurt, Protein Powder, and Xanthan Gum until it thickens up
- Evenly distribute that mix to the top of your cheesecake
- Crush up your Wafers & Cookies and mix them together
- Sprinkle them on top!
- Calories: 530
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 302mg
- Carbs: 37g (Net Carbs: 32g)
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 16g
- Protein: 82g
- Calories: 1553
- Fat: 61g
- Saturated Fat: 20g
- Sodium: 2304mg
- Carbs: 98g (Net Carbs: 89g)
- Fiber: 9g
- Sugar: 51g
- Protein 153g
- Calories: 2049
- Fat: 137g
- Saturated Fat: 61g
- Sodium: 2104mg
- Carbs: 63g (Net Carbs: 54g)
- Fiber: 9g
- Sugar: 46g
- Protein: 141g
- Calories: 2519
- Fat: 195g
- Saturated Fat: 116g
- Sodium: 1504mg
- Carbs: 50g (Net Carbs: 41g)
- Fiber: 9g
- Sugar: 35g
- Protein: 141