So I’ve been doing the low carb thing to change things up while cutting and lately I’ve been craving brownies like crazy! Side note…yes, I’m one of the 13 people in the world who choose to lean out during the winter (if you’re doing the same throw some love in the comments so we can do this thing together). Anyways BROWNIES! Today we’re not just gonna remix them into low carb brownies we’re gonna stuff them as well!!!
This recipe is super easy. All you need is 3 bowls and something to mix your ingredients with. Start with a large bowl and add in 4 tablespoons of semi-sweet chocolate chips that you’re gonna melt. To melt them as quick as possible just throw them in the microwave for :15-:20 seconds at a time and stir it until they’re smooth. Another option here is to use a lower sugar, dark, bittersweet, or whatever chocolate you prefer instead of semi-sweet. Continue with 2 large eggs, 1/4 cup of a sweetener, 1 table of melted butter, 1/4 cup of unsweetened apple sauce, and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract. Mix those together.
Next take out another bowl and mix together in that one 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder (by the way cocoa powder is high in fiber with 2 grams in every tablespoon), 1/2 cup of almond flour, 2 tablespoons of coconut flour, 1 scoop of my Baking Protein Powder that you can check out or purchase by clicking right here, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Add that mix into your large bowl and lightly mix them together.
Coat a baking dish or pan with some non-stick cooking spray and pour 3/4 of your mix in into it. Smooth it out then take out a small bowl. In that small bowl mix together 8 ounces of fat free (or reduced fat but make sure to adjust the macros accordingly) cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of a sweetener, 1/2 scoop of my Baking Protein Powder, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Spread that mix over your brownie mix and then add on top of that the 1/4 of your brownie mix you left off to the side. I prefer to cut everything in with a knife for the swirl effect but you don’t have to. At the very least make sure the top is flat so everything cooks evenly! Last bake your brownies on 325F/162C for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
First and foremost with the ingredients I used here the total net carbs (carbs minus fiber) is only 70 grams for all of them!!! How do they taste? Well…you’ll have to watch the video to find out!
Here is the recipe for the brownies:
- 4 Tablespoons (60g) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips (or Sugar Free to cutdown even more on the carbs)
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Sweetener
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1/4 Cup (61g) Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tablespoons (15g) Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup (56g) Almond Flour
- 2 Tablespoons (14g) Coconut Flour
- 1 Scoop (30g) The Protein Chef’s Baking Protein Powder (or Vanilla)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
Here is the recipe for the filling:
- 8 Ounces (240g) Fat Free Cream Cheese (or Reduced Fat)
- 2 Tablespoons Sweetener
- 1/2 Scoop (15g) The Protein Chef Baking Protein Powder (or Vanilla Protein Powder)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Calories in the WHOLE recipe:
- Calories: 1301
- Fat: 65g
- Saturated Fat: 21g
- Sodium: 1540mg
- Carbs: 84g = 70g NET CARBS!
- Fiber: 14g
- Sugar: 45g
- Protein: 95g
Calories in each brownie (if you cut 9):
- Calories: 144
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3g
- Sodium: 171.1mg
- Carbs: 9.3g = 7.7g NET CARBS!
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 10.5g
How to make:
- Melt your Chocolate Chips and Butter
- Take out a large bowl and mix together your Chocolate Chips, Butter, Eggs, Sweetener, Apple Sauce, and Vanilla Extract
- In another bowl mix together the rest of your brownie ingredients
- Add the mix in that bowl into your large bowl and lightly mix everything together
- Take out a baking dish or pan (mine is an 8×8) and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray
- Pour 3/4 of your mix into it and smooth it out
- In a small bowl mix together all of the ingredients for your filling until it begins to fluff
- Evenly distribute your filling on top followed by the rest of your mix
- Smooth it out so that the top is flat and if you want to, cut it into your brownies using a knife to give it a swirl effect
- Bake them 325F/162C for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of them comes out clean
- Melt your chocolate as quick as possible by putting it into the microwave for :15-:20 seconds at a time and stirring it until it’s smooth!
- Use white chocolate, bittersweet, dark, or anything else you like to switch it up (or throw it on top)!