On a low carb diet? Looking for a healthier alternative? These Stuffed Low Carb Brownies are delicious, packed with protein, and super easy to make. What you thought wasn’t possible is NOW POSSIBLE with this recipe!
These low carb brownies are way easier than the finished product looks. All you need is 3 bowls and something to mix your ingredients with.
Start with a large bowl and add into it 4 tablespoons of melted semi-sweet chocolate chips, 2 large eggs, 1/4 cup of a sweetener, 1 tablespoon of melted butter, 1/4 cup of unsweetened apple sauce, and 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.
Mix those together.
To melt your chocolate chips as quickly as possible, throw them in the microwave for :15-:20 seconds at a time. Keep them moving until the chocolate is smooth!
You could also use a lower sugar, dark, bittersweet, or whatever chocolate you prefer instead of semi-sweet.
In the next bowl, mix together 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 1/2 cup of almond flour, 2 tablespoons of coconut flour, 1 scoop of protein powder, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Add that mix into your large bowl and lightly mix them together.
Did you know? Cocoa powder is high in fiber with 2 grams in every tablespoon!
Continue by coating a baking dish or pan with some non-stick cooking spray and pouring 3/4 of your mix in into it. Smooth it out.
In your last bowl (this can be small), mix together 8 ounces of fat free cream cheese, 2 tablespoons of a sweetener, 1/2 scoop of protein powder, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Baking Your Low Carb Brownies
Spread that mix over your low carb brownie mix and on top of that the 1/4 of your low carb brownie mix you left off to the side.
I prefer to cut everything in with a knife for the swirl effect but this is optional. At the very least make sure the top is flat so everything cooks evenly!
Last bake your stuffed low carb brownies on 325F/162C for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the middle.
With the ingredients I used here, the total net carbs (carbs minus fiber) is only 70 grams for all of them!
How do these stuffed low carb brownies taste? ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!
Looking for a quicker dessert? Try our Gluten Free Microwave Pumpkin Cookies next!
Stuffed Low Carb Brownies
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 4 Tablespoons Chocolate Chips - Semi-Sweet or Sugar Free
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- ¼ Cup Sweetener
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- ¼ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- ½ Cup Almond Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - Vanilla
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese - Fat Free or Reduced Fat
- 2 Tablespoons Sweetener
- ½ Scoop Protein Powder - Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Melt your Chocolate Chips and Butter
- Take out a large bowl and mix together your Chocolate Chips, Butter, Eggs, Sweetener, Apple Sauce, and Vanilla Extract
- In another bowl mix together the rest of your brownie ingredients
- Add the mix in that bowl into your large bowl and lightly mix everything together
- Take out a baking dish or pan (mine is an 8×8) and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray
- Pour ¾ of your mix into it and smooth it out
- In a small bowl mix together all of the ingredients for your filling until it begins to fluff
- Evenly distribute your filling on top followed by the rest of your mix
- Smooth it out so that the top is flat and if you want to, cut it into your brownies using a knife to give it a swirl effect
- Bake them 325F/162C for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of them comes out clean
- Calories: 1301
- Fat: 65g
- Saturated Fat: 21g
- Sodium: 1540mg
- Carbs: 84g = 70g NET CARBS!
- Fiber: 14g
- Sugar: 45g
- Protein: 95g
- Calories: 144
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3g
- Sodium: 171.1mg
- Carbs: 9.3g = 7.7g NET CARBS!
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 10.5g