Level up your healthy canned tuna recipes with these Tuna Pita Fajitas! This high protein meal prep recipe is flavor packed, easy to make your own with simple ingredients, and super macro friendly!
For this one you’re going to need 2 mixing bowls and a large stovetop pan. If you don’t have a good pan, here’s a link to one that I recommend and have been using myself for years.
Add 2 5 ounce cans of drained tuna into your first bowl and put that bowl off to the side.
Add into your other bowl 1/2 cup of chopped green pepper, 1/2 cup of chopped red pepper, and 1/2 cup of chopped red onion.
Take out your stovetop pan, turn your burner on medium-high heat, and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil into your pan. Make sure to move your olive oil around so that it coats your entire pan.
Once your oil heats up after a couple minutes add in your chopped up vegetable mix. Mix them up so that they cook evenly.
Continue by adding and mixing in 1 cup of drained & rinsed great northern beans. Keep them moving for around a minute and reduce your heat to medium.
Let your soon to be tuna pita fajitas mix cook on medium heat for around 5 minutes while occasionally stirring it every :30 seconds or so. You don’t want anything to burn so make sure you do this!
Reduce your heat to low-medium after 5 minutes and add in 6 tablespoons of your choice salsa, your drained tuna, and 1/2 packet of a low sodium fajita seasoning mix.
Tuna Pita Fajitas
You can easily change these up a multitude of ways. Some of my favorite ways?
- Adding in more or using different vegetables
- Adding in some heat to the recipe by using a hot salsa
- Plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream
- Other seasonings or spices
Mix all of those ingredients together until everything is incorporated and let it continue cooking on low-medium heat for around 3 minutes. Give it a quick mix every minute.
Choose your favorite macro friendly pita bread, cut it in half so that you can open it up, and add some of your tuna pita fajitas mix into it!
You can eat it just like this inside your pita bread or optionally top it. I topped mine with some salsa, sour cream, and shredded cheese. Let us know what you top your tuna pita fajitas with below in the comments.
Try our Healthy Breakfast Pita Pizza Recipe next!
Tuna Pita Fajitas
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Cans Tuna - 10 Ounces
- ½ Cup Green Pepper - Chopped
- ½ Cup Red Pepper - Chopped
- ½ Cup Red Onion - Chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Great Northern Beans - Reduced Sodium
- ½ Packet Fajita Seasoning Mix
- 6 Tablespoons Salsa
- 1 Piece Pita Bread
- 1 Tablespoon Salsa
- 1 Tablespoons Sour Cream - Fat Free
- ½ Serving Mexican Cheese - Reduced Fat
- Drain your Tuna and put it into a bowl
- Chop up your Green Pepper, Red Pepper, and Red Onion
- Take out a large stovetop pan, turn your burner on Medium-High heat, and add in your Olive Oil
- Once your pan heats up add in your Peppers and Onion
- Stir those around a bit
- Add and stir in your Beans
- After around 1 minute reduce your heat to Medium
- Let it cook for 5 minutes and keep it moving ever :30 seconds
- Reduce your heat to Low-Medium
- Add in your Salsa, Tuna, and Fajita Seasoning Mix
- Mix everything together and let it cook for 3 minutes
- Take out a piece of Pita Bread and cut it in half
- Add in your Tuna Mix, Salsa, Sour Cream, and Cheese
- Calories: 670
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Sodium: 1474mg
- Carbs: 68g
- Fiber: 13g
- Sugar: 12g
- Protein: 68g