Craving sweet potato fries? Try these easy to make Baked Cut Sweet Potatoes! This homemade sweet potato recipe is a great healthy alternative, delicious, and one of my favorite sides to meal prep.
Start this one by taking out and washing however many sweet potatoes you want. All I do to wash mine is take a scrubber and scrub them thoroughly under some cold water.
Once washed, cut the ends off of each sweet potato and cut the potatoes into 1/4” slivers. If you want them thicker or thinner just make sure to account for this in your cooking time.
Place those cut sweet potatoes onto a baking sheet or some aluminum foil coated with some non-stick cooking spray.
Coat the tops of your cut sweet potatoes with some olive oil. I speed this step up by using my cooking spray but you can brush on some olive oil too.
Sprinkle on some kosher or other salt and cook them on 350F/176C for 50 minutes.
Remove your partially baked cut sweet potatoes from the oven, flip them over, coat that side with some olive oil (spray or bush), and more salt.
Put them back into the oven on 350F/176C for an additional 50 minutes or until they look crispy.
Remove them from the oven and optionally sprinkle them with some ground cinnamon or anything else you want. Let us know how you prep these in the comments below.
Pair these with our Easy Baked Garlic Chicken!
Baked Cut Sweet Potatoes
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Sweet Potatoes - Your choice
- Kosher Salt - Your choice (or Regular Salt)
- Oil Spray - Your choice (I like Olive Oil)
- Ground Cinnamon - *Optional
- Wash your Sweet Potatoes
- Cut the ends off of them
- Cut your Sweet Potatoes into quarter inch slivers
- Take out a baking sheet and coat it with non-stick cooking spray
- Place your slivers onto your baking sheet and spray or brush on the tops of them with Olive Oil
- Sprinkle your Salt on
- Bake on 350F/176C for 50 minutes
- Take out and turn your Sweet Potatoes over
- Coat the other side with Olive Oil
- Sprinkle Salt
- Bake on 350F/176C for another 50 minutes or until crispy