Something we can all hopefully agree on, cookies are delicious and usually not made to be diet friendly (let alone low carb friendly). Today that changes with these super easy to make keto cookies!
Start this one by melting a stick of salted butter. Yes, make sure your butter is salted or your keto cookies won’t taste nearly as good!
Add in 1/2 cup of sweetener and mix those together.
As long as the sweetener you’re using is keto friendly, you’re good to go! I prefer erythritol here for mine.
Mix in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and 1 large whole egg. Continue with 1 cup of almond flour, 1 scoop of optional protein powder, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1/2 of teaspoon of xanthan gum.
Mix everything together. I only add protein to give the keto cookies a bit more fluffiness and help with the macros.
Next, lightly mix in some sugar free chocolate chips. Look for chocolate chips made with erythritol. If you can’t find those you should be able to find sugar free chocolate made with erythritol that you can just break up yourself. You could just use nuts or something else too!
Line a baking pan with some parchment paper and shape your keto cookies, you can make them whatever size you want.
I find pressing them down onto your pan will give you the best result.
Put those in the oven on 350F/176C for 12-15 minutes. You can pull them out when your edges are golden brown!
Want more cookies? Check our Easy Vegan Chickpea Protein Cookies cookies out!
The Best Keto Cookies
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Stick Butter - Salted
- ½ Cup Sweetener - Your Choice (I like Erythritol)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - *Optional / Change it up with different flavors
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Xanthan Gum
- Chocolate Chips - Sugar Free *Optional / Use nuts or anything else you want instead
- Melt your Butter and mix it together with your Erythritol
- Mix in your Vanilla Extract and Egg
- Mix in everything else but your Chocolate Chips
- Lightly mix your Chocolate Chips in
- Shape and press down your cookies onto a baking pan lined with parchment paper
- Bake them on 350F/176C for around 12-15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown
- Calories: 145
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 5.4g
- Sodium: 78.8mg
- Carbs: 2g (Net Carbs: 1g)
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: .4g
- Protein: 4.9g