Is it your birthday? Looking to pretend it is? Craving birthday cake flavor? Try these Birthday Cake Protein Muffins! This high protein muffins recipe is easy to make with simple ingredients, delicious, and has diet friendly macros.
You’ll need either a food processor or blender to mix in your chickpeas and a muffin pan or some silicone cups for this birthday cake protein muffins recipe.
Add right into food processor or blender 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 2 large whole eggs, 1/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla milk substitute, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, 2 scoops of a vanilla protein powder, 1 1/2 tablespoons of honey, pinch of salt, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, and 1 can of drained & rinsed chickpeas.
Don’t be scared of the chickpeas! As long as you rinse them they’ll have a pretty “neutral” flavor that you won’t taste at all when combined with the other ingredients.
Process or blend all of those ingredients together until smooth.
Have a birthday cake flavored protein powder? Use that instead of vanilla!
Once your mix is smooth you’ll want to lightly mix in 2 teaspoons of rainbow sprinkles to your birthday cake protein muffins mix.
Protein Muffins Mix
Take out your muffin pan or silicone cups and coat them with some non-stick cooking spray. I used these silicone cups today which are great to work with and will last you forever.
Evenly distribute your mix into your muffin pan or silicone cups. You’ll want to make sure you leave at least 1/4” from the top so that they have some room to rise as they bake.
Top your birthday cake protein muffins with some chocolate chips, more rainbow sprinkles, or anything else you want.
Put them into the oven on 350F/176C for 15-20 minutes. You can also check if these are done by inserting a clean toothpick into the center of one of your muffins and if it comes out clean, they’re done!
Birthday tip? Top these muffins with some high protein frosting!
Birthday Cake Protein Muffins
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ½ Cup Rolled Oats - or Coconut Flour
- 2 Large Whole Eggs - or 4 Large Egg Whites
- 2 Scoops Protein Powder - Vanilla
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Honey - or Brown Rice Syrup
- 2 Ounces Milk Substitute - or Milk
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 16 Ounces Chickpeas - Reduced Sodium
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 Teaspoons Sprinkles - Rainbow
- Drain and rinse your Chickpeas
- Add all of your ingredients into a food processor or really powerful blender aside from your Rainbow Sprinkles
- Process or blend everything together
- Lightly mix in your Rainbow Sprinkles
- Take out a couple muffin pans or some silicone cups, coat them with non-stick cooking spray, and add your mix in leaving 1/4’’ from the top
- Bake on 350F/176C for 15-20 minutes
- Calories: 1103
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 1088mg
- Carbs: 133g
- Fiber: 22g
- Sugar: 33g
- Protein: 91g
- Calories: 91
- Fat: 1.9g
- Saturated Fat: .2g
- Sodium: 90.6mg
- Carbs: 11g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sugar: 2.7g
- Protein: 7.5g