Ma, the protein MEATLOAF! This Bodybuilding Meatloaf recipe is great for a healthy meal prep dinner, packed with flavor, and easy to make with simple ingredients.
Start this one by adding in 1 1/2 pounds of lean ground beef or turkey into your mixing bowl followed by 1 large whole egg, 1 large egg white, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1 cup of whole wheat bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of basil, 2 tablespoons of parsley, and 3 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
Mix all of those ingredients together until everything is incorporated. I like using my hand(s) to speed this step up.
Trying to meal prep this? Use the scale system in the recipe card below!
On a plate off to the side add 1/2 chopped up yellow onion, 3 cloves of garlic or 1 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic, and 1 large chopped up green pepper.
If you don’t like these vegetables or want other/more vegetables then now is the time to chop those up too.
Continue by taking out a stovetop pan, turning your burner on medium heat, and adding in 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
Add in your chopped up vegetables once it heats up and cook them. Keep those moving around for 10 minutes or until they look done.
Pour your cooked vegetable mix into your meat mix and mix everything together around.
Take out a bread dish or dish big enough for your mix and pour your bodybuilding meatloaf mix into it. Flatten out the top.
Top your meatloaf with 8 ounces of tomato sauce and cook it on 350F/176C for around 45-60 minutes. Remember that if you’re doubling or tripling the recipe it’s going to take a bit longer to cook.
Make it by spicy by adding in a little chili sauce to your meat mix!
Wash this bodybuilding meatloaf down with a Bodybuilding Protein Shake!
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 ½ Pounds Ground Beef - 93/7 Lean (or Ground Turkey)
- 3 Cloves Garlic - or 1 ½ Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- ½ Yellow Onion - Chopped
- 1 Large Green Pepper - Chopped
- 1 Cup Bread Crumbs - Whole Wheat
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 1 Large Egg White
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Basil
- 2 Tablespoons Parsley
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan & Romano Cheese - Grated
- 8 Ounces Tomato Sauce - No Salt Added
- Chop up your Yellow Onion and Green Pepper
- Take out a large stovetop pan and turn your burner on Medium Heat
- Add your Olive Oil into your pan and let it heat up
- Cook your Yellow Onion, Green Pepper, and Garlic in your pan until lightly browns
- Mix those and the rest of your ingredients together aside from your Tomato Sauce in a large bowl
- Put your mix into a bread dish
- Add your Tomato Sauce on top
- Bake on 350F/176C for 45-60 minutes
- Calories: 1609
- Fat: 65g
- Saturated Fat: 24g
- Sodium: 2681mg
- Carbs: 89g
- Fiber: 15g
- Sugar: 21g
- Protein: 167g