Happy St. Patrick’s Day! Are you ready to start your holiday morning off with some Chocolate Protein Guinness Pancakes? This healthy breakfast recipe is easy to make and packed with enough chocolate flavor to beat even the biggest cravings!
The first thing you’ll need to do for this recipe is to make some homemade oat flour. To do this, add 1 cup of rolled oats into either a blender or food processor. Process or blend those until they look like flour.
Add your oat flour into a large mixing bowl with 2 scoops of a chocolate protein powder, 5 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 4 tablespoons of coconut flour, 1 large whole egg, 1 medium banana, 3/4 cup of Guinness, 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 cup of fat free cottage cheese.
Did you know that cocoa powder has no sugar in it and is packed with 2 grams of fiber for every 10 calories?
Mix all of those chocolate protein Guinness pancakes ingredients together until smooth. I like using a hand mixer to speed this step up!
If your mix appears to be too thick you can add another 1-2 ounces of Guinness to your mix.
Take out a stovetop pan or griddle, turn your burner on medium heat, and coat whatever you’re using with some non-stick cooking spray.
Pour some of your chocolate protein Guinness pancakes mix into your pan or griddle and cook each side of your pancake(s) for around 2-3 minutes. You can make your pancakes whatever size you want just remember that your cooking time may change with the size of your pancake(s)!
Repeat those steps until all of your mix is gone.
Remove your pancakes from the heat and optionally top them. I topped mine with some green topping!
Make a healthier topping by mixing 6 tablespoons of fat free whipped topping and some green food coloring together.
Want a high protein topping? Try our High Protein Frosting mixed with green food coloring!
Chocolate Protein Guinness Pancakes
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 2 Scoops Protein Powder - Chocolate
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 5 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 1 Medium Banana
- ½ Cup Cottage Cheese - Fat Free
- 6 Ounces Guinness
- 6 Tablespoons Whipped Topping - Fat Free
- 2-4 Drops Green Food Coloring
- Put your Rolled Oats into either a food processor or blender and process/blend them until they look like flour
- Add that and the rest of your ingredients into a large bowl
- Mix everything together
- Take out a large stovetop pan, put your burner on Medium Heat, and coat your pan with some non-stick cooking spray
- Pour your mix in and cook each side of your pancake for around 2-3 minutes
- Mix all of your Frosting ingredients together
- Calories: 1051
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 994mg
- Carbs: 128g
- Fiber: 31g
- Sugar: 34g
- Protein: 92g