Start your day with some protein and a boost! These Coffee Cake Protein Muffins are easy to make, packed with coffee cake flavor, and guaranteed to get you moving before your breakfast is over.
To keep this recipe quick you’re going to need a food processor like this and a muffin pan or some silicone cups.
You can also make this without a food processor but you’ll need to either turn your rolled oats into oat flour before adding them or just use oat flour.
Add right into whatever you’re using 2 large whole eggs, 3/4 cup of rolled oats, 8 tablespoons of coconut flour, 1/8 cup of a light syrup, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 1/3 cup of your choice sweetener, 1 teaspoon of coffee extract, 2 teaspoons of instant coffee, 1/2 cup of unsweetened milk substitute, 1 container of a plain Greek yogurt, 3/4 cup of unsweetened apple sauce, 3 scoops of a vanilla protein powder, and 2 teaspoons of baking powder.
Process or mix everything together while scraping down your sides until your coffee cake protein muffins mix is smooth.
Take out your muffin pan or silicone cups and hit your spots with some non-stick cooking spray.
Evenly distribute your mix into your spots (I made 6) and top them with whatever you want! I topped mine today with sugar free chocolate chips and some ground cinnamon that I cut in with a knife.
Put your protein muffins into the oven on 350F1/76C for around 30-40 minutes or until they pass the toothpick test.
What’s the toothpick test? When you insert a toothpick into the center of one of your muffins and it comes out clean.
More great toppings? Other sugar free chips (peanut butter!), crushed up nuts, raisins, and so on. Let us know what you top your coffee cake protein muffins with in the comments below.
Pair these with our Iced Coffee Protein Shake recipe for the ultimate morning boost!
Coffee Cake Protein Muffins
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ¾ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce - 183g
- 2 Large Whole Eggs
- 5.3 Ounces Greek Yogurt - 150g Plain Fat Free
- ⅛ Cup Syrup - Light
- ½ Cup Milk Substitute - or Milk (4 Ounces)
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Coffee Extract
- 8 Tablespoons Coconut Flour - 56g
- 2 Teaspoons Instant Coffee
- ⅓ Cup Sweetener
- 3 Scoops Protein Powder - 90g Vanilla
- ¾ Cup Rolled Oats - 60g
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- Ground Cinnamon - Your choice
- Take out a food processor and add all of your ingredients into it aside from your Ground Cinnamon
- Process everything together
- Coat a muffin pan with some non-stick cooking spray
- Evenly distribute your mix into your pan
- Top each spot with some Ground Cinnamon and cut it in with a knife
- Bake on 350F/176C for 30-40 minutes
- Calories: 1199
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 870mg
- Carbs: 118g
- Fiber: 30g
- Sugar: 46g
- Protein: 121g
- Calories: 199
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated Fat: 2.3g
- Sodium: 145mg
- Carbs: 19.6g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 7.6g
- Protein: 20.1g