Keep all the flavors of coffee cake in your diet with our easy to make Coffee Crumb Protein Oatmeal! This healthy breakfast recipe is packed with protein and has enough caffeine in it to get you moving in the morning!
You can make this recipe either on the stovetop or in the microwave which is how we’re preparing it below.
Add into a microwavable bowl 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 1/2 cup of unsweetened milk substitute, and 1/4 cup of water. If you want a thicker oatmeal, use less water.
Give those ingredients a quick mix and microwave your oatmeal for around 2 minutes. Depending on how powerful your microwave is this may take more or less time.
While still hot add in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1 scoop of a vanilla protein powder, 2 tablespoons of flaxseed meal, 1 serving of instant sugar free fat free vanilla pudding, 2 tablespoons of regular or chocolate powdered peanut butter, and 1 tablespoon of instant coffee.
Instant coffee is going to add some flavor to the recipe and give you a boost since every tablespoon of instant coffee typically has around 75-100mg of caffeine in it depending on the brand.
Mix all of those ingredients together until you have your coffee crumb protein oatmeal!
Coffee Crumb Topping
Eat this as is or optionally top it. I topped mine with a crushed up low fat cinnamon graham cracker and a little ground cinnamon.
Recipe tip? Top or add into your oatmeal some maple syrup, whipped cream, fresh fruit, and/or nuts for extra healthy fats!
You could also use this as a dip with some graham crackers or rice cakes.
Want more of a boost? Add more instant coffee to the recipe!
Pair this coffee crumb protein oatmeal with our Iced Coffee Protein Shake recipe!
Coffee Crumb Protein Oatmeal
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ½ Cup Rolled Oats
- 4 Ounces Milk Substitute - or Milk
- 2 Ounces Water
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - Vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon Instant Coffee
- 1 Serving Instant Pudding - Sugar Free Fat Free Vanilla
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tablespoons Flaxseed Meal
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Peanut Butter - Regular or Chocolate
- Graham Cracker - Low Fat Cinnamon
- Combine your Milk, Rolled Oats, and Water into a microwavable safe bowl
- Microwave your oatmeal for around 2 minutes
- Add in the rest of your ingredients while still hot
- Mix everything together
- Top with a Graham Cracker and Ground Cinnamon
- Calories: 444
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 491mg
- Carbs: 45g
- Fiber: 11g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 39g