Take your healthy meatball game to the next well with these Low Carb Parmesan Meatballs! The whole recipe only takes around 20 minutes, is absolutely delicious, great for meal prep, and low carb friendly.
If you’re looking for a quick recipe that pairs well with almost anything, this is the one to try!
Low Carb Meatballs
Start these parmesan meatballs off by adding into a large bowl and mixing together 1 pound of lean ground beef or turkey, 1 1/2 tablespoons of parsley, 1/4 teaspoon of oregano, 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese, 1/2 cup of almond flour, 1 large egg, 1 large egg white, 2 teaspoons of minced garlic, a pinch of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper, and 1/4 cup of water.
Once mixed, shape your meatballs and place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. You don’t need the parchment paper here, it just makes clean up easier.
Put those in the oven and bake them on 350F/176C for around 20 minutes.
Ready to take your low carb parmesan meatballs to the next level? Once they’re cooked, remove them from the oven and place them into a smaller oven safe dish. I use a pie dish for this, you just want to make sure that they are a bit snug.
In that dish spoon over 3/4 cup of your choice marinara sauce, today I’m using a spicy one. On top of your marinara sauce sprinkle onto each low carb meatball a little mozzarella cheese.
Top them with whatever else you want and throw them back into the oven on 350F/176C for around 15-20 minutes or until your cheese is melted.
Low Carb Parmesan Meatballs Tips
The leaner the ground beef or turkey you use is, the less fat your recipe will have in it.
You can eat these low carb parmesan meatballs just like this or pair them with a salad, some pasta, quinoa, rice, vegetables, or anything really. Tell me what you’re going to pair your low carb meatballs with below.
Since I’ve been on a low carb diet, I’ll definitely be throwing these meatballs into my salad or on top of some fresh vegetables!
Room for dessert? Try our Stuffed Low Carb Brownies next!
Delicious Low Carb Parmesan Meatballs
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Pound Ground Beef - or Turkey
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Parsley
- ¼ Teaspoon Oregano
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese - Grated
- ½ Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 1 Large Egg White
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1 Pinch Salt
- ¼ Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 2 Ounces Water
- ¾ Cup Marinara Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese - Reduced Fat
- Add all of your ingredients aside from your Marinara and Mozzarella in a bowl and mix them together
- Take out a pan, place some parchment paper on it for easy clean up, and shape your meatballs however big you want them
- Bake them on 350F/176C for 20 minutes
- Place your cooked meatballs into a small baking dish (so they are somewhat snug)
- Spoon on your Marinara Sauce
- Place a little Mozzarella Cheese onto each meatball
- Bake them again on 350F/176C for 15-20 minutes or until your cheese is golden brown
- Calories: 1251
- Fat: 71g
- Saturated Fat: 21g
- Sodium: 1102mg
- Carbs: 14g Net Carbs = 8g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 2g
- Protein: 139g
- Calories: 125
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1g
- Sodium: 110.2mg
- Carbs: 1.4g Net Carbs = .8g
- Fiber: .6g
- Sugar: .2g
- Protein: 13.9g