Every so often I crave something other than sweets. Today was that day and TACOS were the craving so I wanted to make some sort of keto friendly taco dish. Somehow I ended up with a taco KETO pizza…yes, a KETO pizza!!!
Start with a small baking pan (the bigger the baking pan, the more cheese you need), some parchment paper, and then 2 cups of cheddar cheese or whatever kind of cheese you want your crust to be. Once you evenly distribute the cheese over your pan throw it in the oven on 400F/206C for around 10-12 minutes or until the top is golden brown. Remove it and let it cool (if you used parchment paper your crust shouldn’t be stuck to it at all).
Next take out a pan, turn your burner on medium-high heat, and brown 1 pound of a lean ground beef or turkey. Once browned you’re gonna add in 3/4 cup of water, 1 packet of a taco seasoning mix or make your own, and a couple tablespoons of some tomato paste to thicken it up. Mix everything around, turn your burner on low heat, and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes or until it’s thick.
Once that’s done distribute it onto your cheese crust followed by whatever ingredients you want. Today I’m gonna do a taco salad variation (since I was craving tacos) so some Mexican cheese, guacamole, sour cream, and salad mix sound good to me!!!
Here is the recipe:
- 2 Cups (224g) Cheddar Cheese (Full Fat, Reduced Fat, or Fat Free)
- 1 Pound (16 Ounces) Lean Ground Beef or Turkey (I prefer 93/7)
- 3/4 Cup (6 Ounces) Water
- 1 Packet (36g) Taco Seasoning
- 2-3 Tablespoons (33g) Tomato Paste
- 1/4 Cup (28g) Mexican Cheese
- 2-3 Tablespoons (30g) Guacamole
- 2-3 Tablespoons (31g) Sour Cream
- 1-2 Cups Salad Mix
Calories in the whole recipe:
- Calories: 1413
- Fat: 85g
- Saturated Fat: 40g
- Sodium: 2108mg
- Carbs: 22g (Net Carbs: 18g)
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 7g
- Protein: 140g
Calories per slice (makes 4):
- Calories: 353
- Fat: 21.2g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Sodium: 527mg
- Carbs: 5.5g (Net Carbs: 4.5g)
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1.7g
- Protein: 35g
How to make:
- Take out a small baking pan and line it with parchment paper
- Add your Cheese onto the parchment paper and evenly distribute it into a single layer
- Bake it on 400F/206C for 10-12 minutes or until the top is golden brown
- Remove it and let it cool
- Using a stove top pan brown your Beef or Turkey on medium-high heat
- Add in your Water, Taco Seasoning, and Tomato Paste once browned
- Reduce your pan to low heat and let it simmer until it thickens up
- Add your mix onto your cheese crust and whatever toppings you want
- Use reduced or fat free to cut down on the fat!
- Look for lower sodium alternatives to all of your ingredients!