Every so often I crave something other than sweets. Shocking, right? Short story short, my cravings today ended up at a Low Carb Taco Keto Pizza!
Yes, a pizza that has almost no carbs and is super easy to make. No, you’re not dreaming…
Start with a small baking pan lined with some optional parchment paper. The bigger the baking pan, the more cheese you’ll need.
Add in and evenly distribute 2 cups of cheddar cheese (or your choice cheese) over your pan and throw that in the oven on 400F/206C for around 10-12 minutes.
You’ll know your keto pizza crust is done when the top is golden brown.
Remove your keto pizza crust and let it cool four a couple minutes. If you used parchment paper, your crust should come or peel right off.
We have our crust and now we need our toppings! Start these by browning 1 pound of a lean ground beef or turkey over medium-high heat.
Once browned, add in 3/4 cup of water, 1 packet of a taco seasoning mix, and a couple tablespoons of some tomato paste to thicken it up.
Mix everything around, turn your burner on low heat, and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes. It should thicken up.
Taco Keto Pizza
Distribute that mix onto your cheese crust followed by whatever ingredients you want. Since I was craving tacos earlier I went with some Mexican cheese, guacamole, sour cream, and salad mix.
If you’re still on a keto pizza kick after this one, try our Cauliflower Pizza next!
Low Carb Taco Keto Pizza Recipe
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 2 Cups Cheddar Cheese - 224g (Full Fat, Reduced Fat, or Fat Free)
- 1 Pound Ground Beef - or Ground Turkey (I prefer 93/7) 16 Ounces
- ¾ Cup Water - 6 Ounces
- 1 Packet Taco Seasoning Mix - 36g
- 2-3 Tablespoons Tomato Paste - 33g
- ¼ Cup Mexican Cheese - 28g
- 2-3 Tablespoons Guacamole - 30g
- 2-3 Tablespoons Sour Cream - 31g
- 1-2 Cups Salad
- Take out a small baking pan and line it with parchment paper
- Add your Cheese onto the parchment paper and evenly distribute it into a single layer
- Bake it on 400F/206C for 10-12 minutes or until the top is golden brown
- Remove it and let it cool
- Using a stovetop pan brown your Beef or Turkey on medium-high heat
- Add in your Water, Taco Seasoning, and Tomato Paste once browned
- Reduce your pan to low heat and let it simmer until it thickens up
- Add your mix onto your cheese crust and whatever toppings you want
- Calories: 1413
- Fat: 85g
- Saturated Fat: 40g
- Sodium: 2108mg
- Carbs: 22g (Net Carbs: 18g)
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 7g
- Protein: 140g
- Calories: 353
- Fat: 21.2g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Sodium: 527mg
- Carbs: 5.5g (Net Carbs: 4.5g)
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1.7g
- Protein: 35g