HEY! It’s SUMMER (at least where I live) and that means 1 thing…unlimited barbecues! The first thing I think of when I think of a barbecue is a burger so today we’re gonna remix the burger into a healthier option with the help of some awesome Dave’s Killer Bread! Get ready for some delicious PROTEIN BURGERS!
Start out with a large mixing bowl and 1 pound of either lean ground beef or turkey. Continue by adding in 1 large egg, 1-2 teaspoons of a garlic seasoning, some chopped onion, a little salt & pepper, and 1 slice of toasted Dave’s Killer Bread that you’ll wanna chop up into little pieces. Whatever kind of bread you wanna use is up to you, I personally like using the DKB Good Seed bread for this. Go ahead and mix everything together then shape your burgers however big you want them (throw an indent in the middle using your thumb and you’ll have the perfect burger).
After that, heat your grill up on medium heat and throw your burgers on for a couple minutes a side depending on how cooked you like your burger. About :30 seconds before your burger is done add some cheese on top if you want it melted!
Next remove your burgers from the grill, take out a couple slices of Dave’s Killer Bread, add a burger onto a slice, a couple pieces of chicken bacon, any other condiments you want, and then top it with your other slice of DKB. Today I’m using Power Seed which is my favorite for a burger.
Tag me @TheProteinChef if you make any of these recipes, I wanna see your creations!!!
So there ya go, a quick little way to make some macro friendly burgers this summer with Dave’s Killer Bread. If you’ve never tried DKB before:
- It’s delicious
- You can find it by using the locator on their website: http://www.daveskillerbread.com/locator/
For the most part, your local grocery store should have it and there’s usually a huge selection. If you’re watching carbs you could even opt for their thin-sliced bread. Seriously, it’s worth it.
With that said, leave a comment below with your favorite condiments to put on your burger! Stay healthy!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 Pound (16 Ounces) Lean Ground Beef or Turkey
- 1 Large Whole Egg (or 2 Large Egg Whites)
- 1-2 Teaspoons Garlic Seasoning
- Chopped Onion
- Salt & Pepper
- Dave’s Killer Bread Slices
- *Any other toppings you want
Calories in each burger (if you make 4):
- Calories: 512
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 464mg
- Carbs: 45g
- Fiber: 11g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 57g
How to make:
- Mix together your Beef or Turkey, Egg, Garlic, Onion, Salt & Pepper, and toasted chopped up Dave’s Killer Bread slice
- Shape your burgers however big you want them
- Put them on the grill over medium heat and cook them for a couple minutes a side (or to whatever temperature you prefer)
- Add Cheese onto your burgers :30 seconds before they’re done if you want it to melt
- Add on Bacon and any other condiments you want
- Place your burger onto your DKB slices
- Use half a slide to cut down on the carbs!