It’s summer (at least where I live) and that means one thing…BBQ time! To celebrate this, we’re gonna remix the burger into some healthy and delicious Protein Burgers!
Start out your burgers out with a large mixing bowl and 1 pound of either lean ground beef or turkey. Follow that with 1 large egg, 1-2 teaspoons of a garlic seasoning, some chopped onion, a little salt & pepper, and 1 slice of a toasted high protein bread.
Chop up your toasted high protein bread before adding it into your protein burgers. The toastier your bread is for this, the better.
Mix everything together then shape your burgers however big you want them. You can throw an indent in the middle using your thumb if you want too, this will prevent them from shrinking up a bit!
Heat your grill up on medium heat and put your protein burgers on for a couple minutes a side depending on how cooked you like your burger. I use a food thermometer here to monitor my temperature (a kitchen must-have in my opinion)!
Around :30 seconds before they’re done, add some cheese to the top if you want it melted.
Remove your protein burgers from the grill and take out a couple slices of high protein bread, low carb wrap, healthy bun, or whatever fits your macros that day.
Add your protein burgers onto a slice, a couple pieces of bacon, any other condiments you want, and close it off with your other slice.
Drop a comment below with your favorite burger condiments!
Also, I can’t be the only one who thinks of a burger as soon as they hear, “BBQ”!?
- Use half a slide to cut down on the carbs!
Want a high protein dessert? Check out these Keto Ice Cream Cups!
Easy Protein Burgers
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Pound Ground Beef - or Turkey
- 1 Large Whole Egg - or 2 Large Egg Whites
- 1-2 Teaspoons Garlic Seasoning
- Onion - Chopped
- Pepper - Your choice
- Black Pepper - Your choice
- Cheese - Your choice
- Bacon - Your choice
- Bread - High Protein
- Mix together your Beef or Turkey, Egg, Garlic, Onion, Salt & Pepper, and toasted chopped up Bread slice
- Shape your burgers however big you want them
- Put them on the grill over medium heat and cook them for a couple minutes a side (or to whatever temperature you prefer)
- Add Cheese onto your burgers :30 seconds before they’re done if you want it to melt
- Add on Bacon and any other condiments you want
- Place your burger onto your Bread slices
- Calories: 512
- Fat: 16g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 464mg
- Carbs: 45g
- Fiber: 11g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 57g
Leave a Comment