Are you guys ready for next level meatballs? These healthy Jalapeño Popper Meatballs are delicious, pack just the right amount of heat, and take only minutes to prep!
In a bowl add 1 pound of your choice meat. Ground beef, turkey, or chicken all work good. I’m using ground chicken today.
Follow your meat with 1/4 cup of bread crumbs, 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, 1 large egg, and some chopped fresh or bottled jalapeño slices.
Mix everything together (easiest with your hands!).
In your next bowl, mix together 3/4 cup of some reduced fat cheese, 3 ounces of cream cheese, and some more chopped jalapeños.
It should be pretty thick.
Take out a baking sheet and shape your jalapeño popper meatballs into a circle with a large indent in the middle. You can use your thumb to do this.
Add a ball of your cheese mix into that indent and gently shape your meat mix around your ball until it’s sealed off.
Continue by repeating this process until all your meatballs are done.
It should look like a meatball, jalapeño popper meatballs at that!
You could also roll them around in some bread crumbs or whatever else you want after shaping them.
Coat your healthy meatballs with some non-stick cooking spray and put them in the oven on 350F/176C for around 20-25 minutes.
The bigger your meatballs are, the longer they’ll take to cook.
I usually pair these jalapeños popper meatballs with some pasta sauce or salsa if I’m really watching my macros.
Pair these with other vegetables, quinoa, amaranth, cauliflower rice, zucchini pasta, the choice is yours. You should use whatever works for your macros!
Try our delicious Sriracha Meatballs next!
Easy Jalapeño Popper Meatballs
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Pound Ground Beef - or Turkey (Lean)
- ¼ Cup Bread Crumbs
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- Sliced Jalapeños - Chopped
- ¾ Cup Cheese - Reduced Fat (Your choice)
- 3 Ounces Cream Cheese - I use fat free
- Sliced Jalapeños - Chopped
- Mix all of your meatball ingredients together in one bowl and all of your filling ingredients together in another bowl
- Shape each ball into a “circle” and press an indent into the center of it
- Roll up some of your filling mix into a smaller ball and place that into the center of your meatball
- Shape your meat around your filling until it’s completely sealed off
- Roll each ball in some Bread Crumbs and coat them with some cooking spray
- Place them in the oven on 350F/176C for around 20-25 minutes depending on the size of your balls
- Calories: 1158
- Fat: 54g
- Saturated Fat: 22g
- Sodium: 1304mg
- Carbs: 34g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 11g
- Protein: 134g
- Calories: 193
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 3.6g
- Sodium: 217.3mg
- Carbs: 5.6g
- Fiber: .5g
- Sugar: 1.8g
- Protein: 22.3g