Today we’re gonna make some balls, I figure that’s the only proper way to start this year off right. These Rice Pizza Meatballs are great for meal prep and have the macros to back that up so lets just jump right into them!
Start with 1 pound of a lean ground protein. This can be turkey, chicken, beef, and so on (today I’m using chicken). Next, add in the rest of your ingredients starting with 1 cup of a fat free or reduced fat pizza cheese, 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese, 1/2 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon of a garlic powder or seasoning (click here for the best garlic seasoning EVER!), a little salt, 1/2 cup of rolled oats, 1 cup of cooked brown rice, 1 large egg, 1 large egg white, and 4 tablespoons of a tomato paste. Go ahead and mix everything together, a hand mixer will make this way easier for you.
Last, take out a baking pan, line it with some foil or parchment paper to make cleanup easier, and shape your balls however big you want them. Repeat and then throw them in the oven on 350F/176C for around 25-30 minutes depending on how big your balls are!
So there are your balls. You can eat them just like this with some pizza sauce or pair them some your favorite vegetable! I usually reheat mine with the sauce and a little extra cheese on top for around a minute in the microwave. To meal prep them, figure out your daily calorie intake and then how many calories you wanna take in from this recipe and scale it. If you need more, double or triple the recipe and if you need less, cut the recipe in half, and so on.
Addictive Garlic Seasoning: http://amzn.to/2qAFwka
With that, thank you guys for watching and/or reaching. Drop some questions down below in the comments and maybe I’ll answer them in the next video! Stay healthy!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 Pound (16 Ounces) Lean Ground Protein (Chicken/Turkey/Beef)
- 1 Cup (112g) Fat Free/Reduced Fat Pizza Cheese
- 1/2 Cup (40g) Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder/Seasoning
- A little Salt
- 1/2 Cup (40g) Rolled Oats
- 1 Cup (140g) Cooked Brown Rice
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 1 Large Egg White
- 4 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- Pizza Sauce
How to make:
- Combine and mix all of your ingredients together
- Take out a baking pan, line it with some foil or parchment paper for easy cleanup, and shape your balls however big you want them
- Bake on 350F/176C for around 25-30 minutes depending on how big your balls are
- Top with Pizza Sauce
- Reheat them in the microwave with a little cheese on top for around a minute!
Calories in the whole recipe:
- Calories: 1548
- Fat: 52g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Sodium: 1408mg
- Carbs: 96g
- Fiber: 10g
- Sugar: 10g
- Protein: 174g
Calories in each serving (around 3 balls):
- Calories: 387
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Sodium: 352mg
- Carbs: 24g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Protein: 43.5g