Looking for a high protein, quick, and healthy mint dessert? This Grasshopper Protein Mug Cake should do the trick! It only takes a couple minutes to make, is packed with protein, and tastes even better than it looks!
Start this mug cake recipe by taking out your favorite mug and coating it with some non-stick cooking spray. If you plan to double or triple the recipe, use a large bowl to mix everything together instead and evenly distribute from there.
Add into your mug or bowl 2 large egg whites or 6 tablespoons of liquid egg whites, 3 tablespoons of coconut flour, 1/2 tablespoon of dark chocolate chips, 1/2 serving of mini marshmallows, 1/2 teaspoon of mint extract, 1/2 container of vanilla Greek yogurt, 1 scoop of a vanilla or mint protein powder, and 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
Mix all of those ingredients together until smooth.
Pro tip? If your mint extract isn’t green add in a couple drops of some green food coloring to your grasshopper protein mug cake recipe!
Put your mug cake into the microwave for :30 seconds, mix everything together again, and put it back into the microwave for around :90 seconds.
Depending on how powerful your microwave is this may take more or less time. Keep an eye on your grasshopper protein mug cake and once it rises, it’s done!
Eat it straight from the mug or flip it over and top it with some high protein frosting!
Have other healthy topping ideas on how to eat this? Let us know them in the comments below.
- Mint Greek yogurt
- Sugar free pudding
- Sugar free syrups (chocolate!)
- Macro friendly mint chocolate chip ice cream (portion controlled)
- Chocolate nut butter
Grasshopper Protein Mug Cake
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 6 Tablespoons Liquid Egg Whites - or 2 Large Egg Whites
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - Vanilla (Mint work greats too)
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Flour - or Oat Flour
- 2.65 Ounces Greek Yogurt - Fat Free Vanilla (or Cottage Cheese)
- ½ Teaspoon Mint Extract
- ½ Serving Mini Marshmallows
- ½ Tablespoon Chocolate Chips - Dark
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Take out a mug, coat it with some non-stick cooking spray, and add all of your ingredients into it
- Mix everything together
- Microwave for :30 seconds, lightly mix everything around, and microwave for an additional :90 seconds
- Calories: 432
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 368mg
- Carbs: 42g
- Fiber: 12g
- Sugar: 19g
- Protein: 48g