Save your shirt…eat a burrito pie! This healthy Bodybuilding Burrito Pie is quick, absolutely delicious, PACKED with flavor, and has 180 grams of protein in the whole recipe!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 1/2 Pounds (24 Ounces) Lean Ground Beef or Turkey (I like 93/7)
- 1/2 Cup Red Onion
- 4 Tablespoons (32g) Sliced Olives
- 4 Tablespoons (60g) Diced Green Chiles
- 1 Cup (252g) No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes
- 16 Tablespoons (244g) Salsa
- 2 Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 1 Cup (244g) Reduced Sodium Black Beans (or Any Other Bean)
- 1 Cup (112g) Reduced Fat Mexican Style Cheese (or Any Other Cheese)
Calories in the WHOLE recipe:
- Calories: 1815
- Fat: 59g
- Saturated Fat: 22g
- Sodium: 2109mg
- Carbs: 141g
- Fiber: 23g
- Sugar: 30g
- Protein: 180g
Calories in each piece (if you cut 8)
- Calories: 226
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7g
- Sodium: 263.6mg
- Carbs: 17.6g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Protein: 22.5g
Take out a large stove top pan, turn your burn on Medium-High, and let it heat up. Once it heats up add in your Lean Ground Beef or Turkey and brown it. After you’ve browned it add in your Chopped Red Onion, Sliced Olives, Diced Green Chiles, Diced Tomatoes, and 8 Tablespoons (122g) of your Salsa. Mix everything around, turn your burner on Low, and let it simmer for 15:00. Take out at least a 9’’ round baking dish, coat it with some non-stick cooking spray, and add 1 Whole Wheat Tortilla on the bottom of it. On top of your tortilla put half of your mix, 1/2 Cup (122g) Black Beans, and 1/2 Cup (56g) Mexican Style Cheese. Add your last 1 Whole Wheat Tortilla on top of that layer, the rest of your mix, 1/2 Cup (122g) Black Beans, 8 Tablespoons (122g) Salsa, and 1/2 Cup (56g) Mexican Style Cheese. Bake on 350/176 for 25:00. Mouthgasm!
- You can scale this recipe however you want by dividing or multiplying the amount of servings you want!
- It will last in the fridge 5-7 days and YES you can freeze it!
- Make it spicy by adding in a sauce you like!