They best homemade turkey burger recipe is here! These Healthy Garlic Turkey Burgers are great for meal prep, packed with protein, and super easy to make with common ingredients.
Start this one with a large mixing bowl big enough for all of your ingredients and a pack of lean ground turkey. The pack I’m using today was 1.3 pounds or 20.8 ounces. Don’t like or don’t have access to ground turkey? Use a lean ground beef instead!
Add right into your mixing bowl the pack of turkey or beef, 1 large whole egg, 1 large egg white, 1/4 teaspoon of lemon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt, 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, 1 1/2 teaspoons of minced garlic, optionally 2 teaspoons of chili garlic sauce or regular chili sauce for some heat, 1/3 cup of whole wheat bread crumbs, 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese, and 1/3 cup of a chopped up red onion.
Mix all of those ingredients together until everything for your healthy garlic turkey burgers mix is incorporated. I like using my (washed!) hand to speed this step up.
Once everything is mixed you’re going to want to shape your burgers however big you want them. Keep your hands damp as you shape your burgers and it’ll prevent your mix from sticking to them.
Take out a stovetop or grill, turn your burner(s) on medium heat, and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray.
After your pan or grill heats up you’ll want to put your healthy garlic turkey burgers onto the heat for around 3-4 minutes a side depending on how big you made them.
Cooking tip? Make sure the internal temperature of each burger is at least 165F/74C for ground turkey. You can easily use a digital thermometer like this to check this.
Turkey Burger Variations
- Top them with cheese!
- Watching your carbs? Use a lower carb bread or bread alternative like a lettuce leaf!
- Switch up the flavor with herbs, spices, or seasonings!
Let us know some of your favorite ways to make these in the comments below.
Looking for another way to prep ground turkey? Try our Sriracha Turkey Tacos next!
Healthy Garlic Turkey Burgers
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ⅓ Cup Bread Crumbs - Whole Wheat
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan Cheese - Grated
- 1 Large Whole Egg
- 1 Large Egg White
- ¼ Teaspoon Lemon Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons Chili Garlic Sauce
- ½ Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Minced Garlic - or 3 Cloves
- ⅓ Cup Red Onion
- 1.3 Pounds Ground Turkey - 20.8 Ounces Lean (I use 93/7)
- Chop up your Red Onion
- Add all of your ingredients into a bowl
- Mix everything together
- Shape your mix into burgers
- Take out a large stovetop pan, turn your burner on Medium Heat, and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray
- Cook your burgers for 3-4 minutes a side
- Calories: 1092
- Fat: 52g
- Saturated Fat: 17g
- Sodium: 1418mg
- Carbs: 24g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 4g
- Protein: 132g