With the return of fall comes the return of warmer desserts! One of my favorites? A healthier, high protein MICROWAVE cobbler recipe! Yes, this is seriously a MICROWAVE cobbler recipe using my Baking Protein and it tastes just as good as it looks!!!
To make this you need at least 3 minutes of your time, 2 bowls, and a microwave. First in a bowl mix together 1 cup of frozen strawberries, 1 tablespoon of light brown sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Ultimately you just wanna coat them with your mix. Microwave those for around 60-90 seconds or until they’re defrosted. If you’re using fresh or canned fruit there’s no need to microwave this part and if you don’t like strawberry cobbler then use a different fruit!
Next melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter, pour it over your strawberry mix, and lightly stir it in. In your second bowl mix together 2 tablespoons of whole wheat pastry flour, 1 1/2 ounces of milk substitute, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1 scoop of my My Baking Protein that you can purchase by clicking right here for $19.99 (or at Vitamin Shoppe/Bodybuilding.com), 1 tablespoon of sweetener, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, a pinch of baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Pour that over your strawberry mix and microwave it for around 1-2 minutes. Once your top dough looks done remove it and sprinkle on some light brown sugar!
There aren’t many things that can be done well in 3 minutes…but this is definitely one of them.
Here is the recipe:
- 1 Cup Frozen Strawberries (or Any Other Fruit)
- 1 Tablespoon (12g) Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tablespoon Melted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons (15g) Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
- 1 1/2 Ounces Milk or Milk Substitute
- 1 Scoop (30g) TPC Baking Protein or Your Choice Protein Powder (Vanilla works great!)
- 1 Tablespoon Sweetener
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
Calories in the WHOLE recipe:
- Calories: 328
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Sodium: 205mg
- Carbs: 39g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 19g
- Protein: 25g
How to make:
- Mix together your Frozen Strawberries, Light Brown Sugar, and 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Microwave your Frozen Strawberry mix for 60-90 seconds or until they’re defrosted
- Melt your Butter, pour it over your Frozen Strawberry mix, and lightly mix it in
- In a separate bowl mix together the rest of your ingredients and pour that mix over your Frozen Strawberry Mix
- Microwave for 1-2 minutes or until your top dough looks done and top it with some light brown sugar
- If you’re using fresh fruit then you don’t need to microwave it as suggested in step 2!