LEFTOVERS! We all know this is the time of the year for them so next time a relative asks if you wanna take anything home rather than remembering the meal prep in your fridge just say…”ALL OF THEM” because with this recipe leftover chicken or turkey casserole have never tasted so good!
Start with a small oven safe dish unless you’re doubling or tripling the recipe then start with something bigger. In your dish add in 9 ounces of turkey or chicken and 2 cups of fresh or thawed broccoli.
My 1 & 2 Quart Casserole Dishes (<$20 for both): http://bit.ly/2gaV4Ig
Now in a bowl mix together 1/2 can of cream of chicken, 1 container of plain fat free Greek yogurt which is a great substitute for sour cream, and 1 cup of shredded swiss cheese. Spread that over your broccoli layer and take out another bowl that you’re gonna use to mix together 1/2 package of stuffing and 1/2 cup of hot water. Spread that over the top of your casserole, top it with anything else you want on it like bacon bits and/or hot sauce and bake it on 350F/176C for 30-35 minutes (longer if bigger).
That’s it! A couple bucks + a few leftovers = 30 minutes and you have an absolutely delicious meal you can eat the rest of the week that’s macro friendly. On the topic of leftovers, what are some of your favorite leftovers to take home from a party? Let me know in the comments below!!!
Here is the recipe:
- 9 Ounces Turkey or Chicken
- 2 Cups Thawed or Fresh Broccoli
- 1/2 Can (149g) 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken
- 5.3 Ounces (150g) Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 Cup (112g) Reduced Fat Shredded Swiss Cheese
- 2.5 Servings (92.5g) Stuffing
- 1/2 Cup (4 Ounces) Hot Water
- 1-2 Tablespoons Bacon Bits *Optional
Calories in the WHOLE recipe:
- Calories: 1111
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Sodium: 1075mg
- Carbs: 100g Net Carbs = 88g
- Fiber: 12g
- Sugar: 16g
- Protein: 117g
Calories in each serving (if you make 5):
- Calories: 222
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated Fat: 2.4g
- Sodium: 215mg
- Carbs: 20g Net Carbs = 17.6g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Sugar: 3.5g
- Protein: 23.4g
How to make:
- Add in your Turkey or Chicken into the bottom of a smaller baking dish (unless you’re doubling or tripling the recipe then use something bigger)
- Layer on top of that your Broccoli
- Mix together your Cream of Chicken, Greek Yogurt, and Swiss Cheese
- Add that on top of your Broccoli layer and smooth it out
- Mix together your Stuffing and Hot Water
- Add that on top and top it with whatever else you want (I prefer some bacon bits)
- Bake it on 350F/176C for 30-35 minutes
- Find lower sodium ingredients (I didn’t) to lower the sodium drastically!