Strapped for time, on a low carb diet, and craving pumpkin pancakes? These Low Carb Microwave Pumpkin Pancakes should do the trick! Packed with protein, keto friendly, super easy to make with just a few ingredients, and absolutely delicious!
All you need to do for this one is add into a bowl 1 large egg white, 1/4 cup of almond flour, 1 scoop of a vanilla protein powder, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1 ounce of milk substitute, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1/4 cup of pumpkin puree, and 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
Don’t have protein powder? Make these without it by adding in a bit more flour if your batter isn’t thick enough.
Mix all of those ingredients together until smooth (no chunks left)!
Take out a plate, coat it with some non-stick cooking spray, and pour some of your mix onto it (I usually pour half). However much you pour onto your plate will be the size of your low carb microwave pumpkin pancakes. This is also where you can shape your pancakes into whatever you want.
Microwave Pumpkin Pancakes Tips
- If you want them sweeter, add in 1-2 tablespoons of some sweetener to the recipe (helps if you’re not using a good tasting protein powder).
- If you want them fluffier, add in some more baking powder!
- Want a chocolate protein pumpkin pancake? Use a chocolate protein powder and 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder.
This step is optional but before the microwave you can top them with whatever you want! I went with some some chocolate and white chocolate chips today.
Put your protein pumpkin pancakes into the microwave for around a minute. This may change depending on how big or small your low carb microwave pumpkin pancakes are and how powerful your microwave is. Keep an eye on them and remember how long they took for next time.
After your minute is up you’ll want to wait 5 seconds and continue microwaving for an additional 45 seconds.
Remove them from the microwave and top them with some ground cinnamon, sugar free syrup, or anything else you want!
Have more time? Try our regular Protein Pumpkin Pancakes next.
Low Carb Microwave Pumpkin Pancakes
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Large Egg White
- 1 Ounce Milk Substitute - or Milk
- ¼ Cup Almond Flour - or Peanut, Coconut, or Oat Flour
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - Vanilla *Optional
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Pumpkin Puree
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Chocolate Chips - *Optional
- Combine all of your ingredients into a bowl aside from your Chocolate Chips
- Mix everything together until the chunks are gone
- Take out a plate, coat it with some non-stick cooking spray, and pour half of your mix onto it
- Top your pancakes with some Chocolate Chips or whatever else you want
- Microwave for 1 minute, wait :5 seconds, and microwave for an additional :45 seconds
- Remove and repeat
- Calories: 327
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Sodium: 244mg
- Carbs: 11g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 37g