Things I rarely do and need to do more of. 1. BEEF RECIPES and 2. SLOW COOKER RECIPES! Today we combine both and keep it low carb for you guys too so here we go…Low Carb Slow Cooker Beef Teriyaki!
A slow cooker, YOU NEED ONE! If you don’t have one, buy this one: http://amzn.to/2kb3a6c. Next, you need 2 pounds of a lean cut of beef, I prefer top round (plus it’s pretty cheap). Go ahead and cube and then throw it in. On top of that 1/4 cup of a low sodium soy sauce, 1/2 cup of a low carb and sugar teriyaki sauce, 1/2 can which 3 ounces of pineapple juice, 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of a brown sugar substitute like Sukrin Gold, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, 2 teaspoons of xanthan gum to thicken it up, 2 teaspoons of minced garlic, 1/2 chopped up white onion, and 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds.
If you wanna throw anything else in like a vegetable such as broccoli which pairs really well with this recipe you can do that now. If not, mix everything together then turn your slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours or high for around 4 hours.
There ya go, a super quick meal prep recipe. To portion it out just weigh the whole recipe and divide by how many servings you want, I usually make around 6 and each serving has 34 grams of protein!
Here is the recipe:
- 2 Pounds (32 Ounces) Beef (Lean Cut – I like Top Round)
- 1/4 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Low Carb/Sugar Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/2 Can (3 Ounces) Pineapple Juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar Substitute (I like Sukrin Gold)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 2 Teaspoons Xanthan Gum
- 2 Teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 1/2 Large White Onion
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame Seeds
Calories in the whole recipe:
- Calories: 1761
- Fat: 89g
- Saturated Fat: 27g
- Sodium: 5050mg
- Carbs: 36g Net Carbs = 32g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 24g
- Protein: 204g
Calories in each serving (if you make 6):
- Calories: 293
- Fat: 14.8g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Sodium: 841.6mg
- Carbs: 6g Net Carbs = 5.4g
- Fiber: .6g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 34g
Want smaller servings? If you break this into 12 serving you’re at < 150 calories and < 3 grams per serving!
How to make:
- Cut your Beef into cubes and chop up your Onion
- Add all of the ingredients into your slow cooker
- Mix everything together
- Cook it on Low Heat for 6-8 hours or High for around 4 hours
- If you wanna pair it with a vegetable, broccoli works amazing with this recipe (add it in)!