Ready to eat a healthy upside-down cake alternative for breakfast? This Pineapple Cake Protein Oatmeal recipe is easy to make, full with pineapple flavor, and packed with complex carbs!
Depending on how you plan to make this you’ll need either a microwavable bowl or stovetop pan to make your oatmeal. We’re making ours in the microwave today!
To make your protein oatmeal in the microwave add into your bowl 1/2 cup of rolled oats and 3/4 cup of unsweetened milk substitute.
Give those ingredients a quick mix and microwave your protein oatmeal for around 2 minutes. Keep in mind that this time could change depending on how powerful your microwave is so keep an eye on it.
After the microwave, while still hot, add in 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 scoop of a vanilla protein powder, 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/2 cup of crushed pineapple.
Diet tip? Buy your crushed pineapple in 100% pineapple juice! If it’s not in 100% pineapple juice there’s a chance that it has added sugar in it.
Mix all of those pineapple cake protein oatmeal ingredients together.
Top it with 1 tablespoon of unsweetened shredded coconut, a little pineapple Greek yogurt, and anything else you want.
Pro tip? Put it in the fridge for a bit to thicken up and it’ll taste even better!
Try our Protein Pineapple Upside-Down Cake next!
Pineapple Cake Protein Oatmeal
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ½ Cup Rolled Oats
- 6 Ounces Milk Substitute - or Milk
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - Vanilla
- ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Pineapple - Crushed
- 1 Tablespoon Shredded Coconut - Unsweetened
- Greek Yogurt - Fat Free Pineapple
- Take out a microwavable safe bowl
- Add in your Rolled Oats and Milk
- Microwave your oatmeal for around 2 minutes
- Add in the rest of your ingredients aside from your Coconut and Greek Yogurt
- Mix those ingredients together
- Top with your Coconut and Greek Yogurt
- Calories: 372
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Sodium: 286mg
- Carbs: 51g
- Fiber: 7g
- Sugar: 20g
- Protein: 33g
I would like to receive more recipes.