We’re back and we’re back with another quick recipe that’s made with just 4 simple ingredients, Protein Cookie Dough! You can eat this as is to beat your sweet tooth without the guilt, bake it, or use it as a topping so let’s get right into it…
This recipe takes even less time than our microwave protein brownie. All you need to make it? A bowl and something to mix everything together with!
Add right into your bowl 1 scoop of a vanilla or chocolate protein powder, 32 grams of a nut butter like peanut, cashew, or almond, 13 grams of honey, and 28 grams of Greek yogurt.
Mix those ingredients together until your cookie dough has formed. It should get a bit clumpy before turning into your dough so make sure to mix it good (free workout!).
If it doesn’t get clumpy or it’s too sticky, add a little bit more protein powder until it has the right/your preferred cookie dough texture. Alternatively, if your dough is too thick or dry you can add in a bit more Greek yogurt.
This is what I would consider to be one serving. If you want more, multiply the recipe by however many servings you want or use the recipe card below to scale it.
From here you can either eat it right away, put it in the fridge for 20-30 minutes (my preference), or use this cookie dough as a topping on something like a rice cake!
Another thing you can do with this dough? Shape it into a cookie/cookies and bake it/them on 350F/176C for around 5 minutes.
You’ll want to pull your cookie(s) out right when it starts to have any sort of color on it from the oven.
Protein Cookie Dough Tips
A couple tips for this one?
- If you’re watching your sugar and want chocolate chips in it, use some sugar free chocolate chips!
- If you don’t want it to have a peanut butter taste I suggest using a more neutral tasting nut butter like cashew or almond butter.
- Mix and match your protein powder and Greek yogurt flavors for endless protein cookie dough variations.
Ready for a Cookie Dough Protein Cheesecake next?
Protein Cookie Dough
What We Used
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - Your Choice Flavor
- 2 Tablespoons Nut Butter - Peanut, Cashew, Almond, etc
- 13 g Honey - or Brown Rice Syrup (Lower Sugar)
- 28 g Greek Yogurt - Mix and match your Greek Yogurt and Protein Powder
- Chocolate Chips - Optional
- Add all of your ingredients into a bowl
- Mix everything together
- Vanilla Protein Powder + Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Chocolate Protein Power + Peanut Butter Greek Yogurt
- Banana Protein Powder + Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Vanilla Protein Powder + Salted Caramel Greek Yogurt
I love this recipe so much! I use PB2 because I don’t buy peanut butter anymore. For a little more authentic taste I use light brown sugar and a pinch of vanilla.
Thanks for the tips Emily!!! Glad you like it.
Can I use pescience whey casein blend for this? How should I adjust the recipe for this?
Sure! I would stick to a scoop (30g) and see if the texture is to your liking.
can i use powdered peanut butter instead? if so how many grams should i put in?
I’ve not tried it myself but I’m sure it’s doable. Keep adding/mixing until you get to your desired “texture”.
I use PB2. I just add 2 tablespoons and the recommended 1.5 T of water.