Sometimes quick is good, especially when your cravings hit! Today, we’re keeping it quick and making The Best Microwave Protein Brownie you’ll ever have! This gooey brownie recipe is made with just a few simple ingredients that you probably already have and comes in at under 200 calories for the entire thing!
Start this one by adding into a small mixing bowl 1/2 container which is 75 grams of your choice flavor Greek yogurt, 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder, 2 teaspoons of a sweetener (I’ve been using erythritol), 1 teaspoon of baking powder, 1 scoop of a chocolate protein powder, and 1 ounce of water.
Cocoa powder is a great way to add some chocolate flavor all while being packed with 2 grams of fiber per 10 calorie serving!
Mix all of those ingredients together until your mix is smooth.
Since we’re not using an egg or anything that needs to be cooked you could eat this as is. Think edible protein brownie batter…without the salmonella! Yes, it’s delicious.
If you don’t cave to eating it, take out a microwave or oven safe dish and coat it with some non-stick cooking spray.
Microwave Protein Brownie
Add your mix into your dish and throw it into the microwave for :40-:45 seconds.
Keep in mind that the most important part of this recipe is to not over microwave it or it’ll end up dry without the gooey brownie texture.
After :40-:45 seconds I like to give it a quick mix and microwave it again for an additional :20-:30 seconds.
Microwave time will be dependent on how powerful your microwave is so make sure to keep an eye on it!
Oven Baked Protein Brownie
For those of you who don’t have or hate using the microwave you can easily bake this in the oven on 350F/176C for around 15-20 minutes.
A good reference point for baking time? The thicker your brownie is, the more time it’ll take to cook.
To check if it’s done and still gooey you can stick a fork or toothpick inside of it.
While our microwave protein brownie is getting ready it’s time for the tip of the day!
Did you know that you can quickly calculate the total calories/energy in most items?
- Protein is 4 calories for every 1 gram
- Carbohydrates are 4 calories for every 1 gram
- Fat is 9 calories for every 1 gram
- Alcohol is 7 calories for every 1 gram
Although this isn’t always 100% accurate, it’s the easiest and a great reference point to building rapport with brands you may be unfamiliar with.
If the total calories end up being off a ton you might want to reconsider what you’re actually eating!
Microwave Brownie Tips
- Mix and match your flavors for endless variations. Red velvet Greek yogurt with chocolate protein powder, vanilla Greek yogurt with a salted chocolate caramel protein powder, banana Greek yogurt with chocolate peanut butter protein powder, and so on.
- Using a protein powder that’s mostly just protein without the fillers will net you the best result!
Still craving brownies? Try our Fudge Brownie Protein Bars next!
The Best Microwave Protein Brownie
The Protein Chef is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- ½ Container Greek Yogurt - 75g Your Choice Flavor
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder - 10g
- 2 Teaspoons Sweetener - I like Erythritol
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Scoop Protein Powder - 30g
- 1 Ounce Water
- Mix all of your ingredients together until smooth
- Pour your mix into a microwave or oven safe dish coated with non-stick cooking spray
- Microwave for :40-:45 seconds
- Give your brownie a quick mix
- Microwave again for an additional :20-:30 seconds depending on how powerful your microwave is (keep an eye on it and make sure not to microwave it for too long or it won't be gooey!)
- Alternatively you can bake it in the oven on 350F/176C for around 15-20 minutes
- Calories: 199
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- Sodium: 525mg
- Carbs: 16g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 27g
- Red Velvet Greek Yogurt + Chocolate Protein Powder
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt + Salted chocolate Caramel Protein Powder
- Banana Greek Yogurt + Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Powder